Do you like to make award winning baked goods and sandwiches?
Do you like working on a great team in a wonderful environment?
If so, they have the opportunity for you! Flour Bakery + Cafe is now hiring for a full-time opening production baker at their new state of the art Big Kitchen in the Seaport!
Their morning bread bakers start their day either at 2am or 3am. This shift is a fast-paced, high volume shift in which you, along with a small team, are responsible for baking all of their sandwich and artisan breads for the day. The bread bakers are also responsible for mixing doughs, slicing, and packing the breads. Once the morning bread baking push is complete the bread bakers will move into pastry production such as making tart shells, muffin batters, and cookie doughs.
- Extreme enthusiasm about pastry, baking and working as part of a team is a must!
- Applicants must have a strong work ethic, be well-organized, be positive, and be eager to learn
- You must be open to feedback and committed to continuous improvement
- They are seeking self-motivated employees who work well in a fun, positive, fast-paced team environment with possibilities for advancement.
- Excellent attendance, reliability, communication and interpersonal skills
- Readily adaptable to change
- Embraces new information and learns quickly
- Actively problem solves using sound judgment
Skills for Qualification:
- Maintain the Flour standard of quality (MOM test) for all items produced
- Maintain the organization and sanitation standards of the Flour kitchen
- Ensure that your station and work areas are clean, tidy and properly set up for the next day before leaving the premises
- 1+ year of professional baking experience
- Availability to arrive at the bakery between 2-3 am
- Availability to work holidays and weekends
- Ability to lift up to 60lbs regularly, operate commercial kitchen equipment, and work on your feet for the entire shift
Flour offers a fantastic work environment, an unparalleled commitment to training and communication to make you a better baker (plus all the pastries you can eat)! They offer benefits such as health/dental/vision insurance, 401k with a generous match, a transportation subsidy in early mornings if you don’t own a car, paid vacation/sick time, a great staff meal policy, and regular field trips to other bakeries and pastry businesses. They offer a real commitment to growth – both in your pastry knowledge and as mentioned above to growing into more senior positions if that is an interest of yours!