Five Horses Tavern is looking for an experienced and qualified Sous Chef to organize the kitchen’s activities. Candidates with a minimum of 1-2 years experience working in a full service kitchen. This position will be the second in command in the facilities, and will help create and inspect dishes before they arrive to our guests exceeding expectations.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Approve and “polish” dishes before they reach the customer
- Plan orders of equipment or ingredients according to identified shortages
- Complete a weekly inventory or all kitchen food items
- Arrange for repairs when necessary
- Remedy any problems or complaints
- Assist in hiring, managing and training kitchen staff
- Oversee and delegate kitchen staff’s activities
- Place daily and weekly orders for food and kitchen related items
- Comply with nutrition and sanitation regulations and safety standards
- Foster a climate of cooperation and respect between co-workers
Please forward resumes, in confidence, with references.