Hawkeye Hospitality is an established and growing restaurant group based in Boston. They currently operate Worden Hall, two Five Horses Tavern locations and Elm Street Taproom. As an expanding company, they are seeking both qualified and talented individuals to join their team. They strive to create a positive atmosphere that produces a superior level of service and quality at all times.
They operate their restaurants with the highest standards and realize it takes a unique individual to meet the criteria that best represents their principles and philosophies. The most important asset of their organization is the employees. They strive to provide an environment of high morale based on teamwork and interactive management style.
The Assistant General Manager is responsible for managing the daily operations of our restaurant, including the selection, development and performance management of all employees. In addition, and most importantly, ensure that guests expectations are not only met but exceeded.
- Adhere to company standards and service levels to increase sales and minimize costs, including food, beverage, supply, utility and labor costs
- Responsible for ensuring that all financial (invoices, reporting) and personnel/ payroll related administrative duties are completed accurately, on time and in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Maintain professional restaurant image, including restaurant cleanliness, proper uniforms, and appearance standards.
- Responsible for ensuring consistent high quality of food preparation and service
- Ensure positive guest service in all areas. Respond to complaints, taking any and all appropriate actions to turn dissatisfied guests into return guests
- Respond to issues and complaints, taking any and all appropriate actions
- Provide direction to employees regarding operational and procedural issues
- Exhibit an aptitude for leading, coaching and driving excellence at every level
- Develop employees by providing ongoing feedback, establishing performance expectations and by conducting performance reviews.
- Ensure a safe working and guest environment to reduce the risk of injury and accidents. Complete accident reports promptly in the event that a guest or employee is injured.
- Must be ServSafe certified.
This is a full time position with a very competitive salary and full benefits. Please forward your resume, in confidence, with references to the email address below.