Hawkeye Hospitality, the team behind both Five Horses Taverns, Worden Hall and Elm Street Taproom are gearing up for their spring re-openings. In addition, they have spent the last few months building their new concept, The Garrison House in Brookline Village.
As a growing restaurant group they are looking to expand their team with talented individuals who share their passion for hospitality. They are seeking qualified professionals who have experience with motivating and mentoring staff. As a restaurant group they strive to create a positive atmosphere, provide superior level of service, standards, quality and Covid-19 safety protocols at all times.
They are looking for experienced and qualified Sous Chefs to organize the kitchen’s activities. Candidates with a minimum of 2 years experience commanding a full service kitchen. You will be the first and second in command in the facilities and will help create and inspect dishes before they arrive to guests exceeding expectations.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
– Control and direct the food preparation process and any other relative activities
– Modify menus or create new ones that meet quality standards
– Approve and “polish” dishes before they reach the customer
– Plan orders of equipment or ingredients according to identified shortages
– Arrange for repairs when necessary
– Remedy any problems or complaints
– Be fully in charge of hiring, managing and training kitchen staff
– Oversee and delegate kitchen staff’s activities
– Estimate staff’s workload and compensations
– Comply with nutrition and sanitation regulations and safety standards
– Foster a climate of cooperation and respect between co-workers
Please forward your resume, in confidence, with references to the email address below.