The exclusive caters for Crane Estate, Fruitland’s Museum, Bradley Estate and Moraine Farm Fireside Catering continues to be the top choice for weddings and private events. Fireside Catering has continued to receive numerous accolades for their hospitality, food and venues. Recently they received the “Couples Choice 2019” award from Wedding Wire and the “2019 Best of Weddings” award from The Knot.
As the Sous Chef for Fireside Catering you will help run the day-to-day operations of a busy seasonal catering company. This is a year round position with full benefits and limited evening hours – this is a great opportunity for someone looking to get away from 5 closing shifts in a restaurant!
The responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
- Overseeing the production kitchen in absence of the Executive Chef;
- Working with their Farm Manager at the Farm at Gibbet Hill to showcase their farm produce in event dishes;
- Partners with the Executive Chef to contribute to new menu items, off-season food tasting and menu rewrites;
- Teaching cooking techniques and recipe adherence to cooks;
- Leading the team on-site as the Charge Chef at their most exclusive venue 1-2 events per week during the season;
- Ensure state and local hygiene and food safety standards are met in all stages of food preparation, starting with the ingredients and ending with the finished product;
- Assist with hiring, training and employee relations issues as needed.
Education and/or Experience:
- Two or more years as a Sous Chef or Junior Sous Chef in a high volume kitchen.
- Associates or Bachelors Degree in Culinary Arts is helpful.
- They care about work life balance and development of their staff though continuous education and professional growth.
- Webber Restaurant Group was recently awarded “Boston’s Best and Brightest Companies to Work For”.
- Competitive salary, bonus and flexible schedule;
- Quarterly manager dining benefit;
- Group Health and Dental Insurance;
- 401k with an annual match;
- Employee Assistance Program;
- Employer sponsored Short & Long Term Disability.
- Fireside Catering is an equal opportunity employer.