Do you love making breads and a variety of fun desserts from scratch? Are you a Red Sox fan? The premium department at Fenway Park is looking to fill their salaried pastry chef spot. The pastry department includes but is not limited to, large cookie and cupcake production, plated seasonal desserts, mini desserts for buffets and catering events, as well as homemade buns for burgers, focaccia, and assorted table breads. Each of the four clubs inside historic Fenway Park has its own personality but shares the same core philosophy of farm to table and scratch cooking as well as “Keep It Simple Stupid” that has been instilled over the past 10 years by Executive Chef, Ron Abell and his team. They reap the benefits of having access to their own rooftop vegetable garden as well as using top local purveyors like Savenors, Captain Marden’s, Ward’s Berry Farm, & Costa Produce, which is why they preach to do “simple food real well.” The applicant should be a humble, dependable, focused, and passionate individual with a genuinely positive attitude and demeanor. Applicants also should have a committed work ethic and a passion for the industry, as well as a desire to grow and learn in a dynamic work environment where the ability to multitask under high pressure is a necessity. Applicant must be able to lift up to 50 pounds, stand and walk during long and extended shifts, and have open schedule availability as it will include days, evenings, overnights weekends, and holidays. ServeSafe certification is a plus.
This is a salary position with benefits(Health/dental/401k/parking/etc).
You will have a staff of 8-10 pastry cooks/bread bakers/pastry interns to manage. Shifts include overnights 12am-8am (production), 6am-2pm (production), 10am-6pm (midshifts) and 2pm-10pm(working in the restaurants)
Come and join their team and help see us continue to grow the pastry department here at Fenway. Please email resume to the email below. Looking forward to hearing from you.
Bullet Point Expectations:
• Able to follow all current recipes in Large Scale production of cookies/cupcakes/mini desserts/breakfast pastries/macarons for Luxury Suites, catering buffets as well as the buffet restaurant
• skills in plated desserts and burger buns/Table bread for ala carte restaurants
• able to have the creativity for fun desserts & cupcakes to put a personal twist on them
• Able to manage multiple restaurants as well as catering orders
• Creating and implanting a schedule on a weekly basis while managing Overtime to specific max ceilings
• Create production sheets based on the needs of all kitchens and catering
• Able to work long stretches of home stands during the baseball season
• Time management of self and team consisting of roughly 8+ employees of varying skill set
• Being communicative with the other salaried chefs/front of house/general manager/F&B director/as well as the client
• Communicating with a large team and works well with others
• Willingness to work overnights, Holidays and weekends when needed/Red Sox Schedule allows for it
• Able to interview prospective hourly candidates to join the team (supervisors/bakers/platers/pastry interns)
• Organized and able to train others
• Attends weekly BEO meetings and stays up to date and knowledgeable in all aspects of the department.