Falmouth Yacht Club a small private Yacht Club in Falmouth, Ma seeks a professional Beverage/Bar Manager to fill a key management position. Please find details of the position below. This will be a year-round position with benefits.
Brief Job Description:
The Beverage Manager/Lead Bartender is a key member of the management team and is directly responsible for the oversight of all beverage operations at the property. The Beverage Manager will apply their experience and knowledge to assure that the wants and needs of guests are consistently met and/or exceeded.
Compensation: $22-$25 per hour, based on experience, plus gratuity.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Must have 1-3 years of related experience in Beverage/Bartending management
- Must be TIPS certified
- Knowledge of pertinent health regulations and liquor laws
- Must have food and beverage/ a la carte and banquet experience
- Must have proven management experience
- Must possess excellent verbal communication skills for both staff and customers
- Must be highly organized, efficient, detail-oriented and possess strong interpersonal skills
- Must be able to work as part of the food and beverage team when working with restaurant, banquet and event personnel/clients
- Daily management of bar and beverage department
- Responsible for all ordering beverages – alcoholic/non-alcoholic – following buying procedures
- Complete monthly inventory the first of every month
- Hires and supervises staff bartenders
- Responsible for training all bartenders in quality assurance for guest service satisfaction
- Conduct training and refresher classes for all front of house personnel in the correct bar procedures
- Inspects and assists with banquet set-up and breakdown of tables, decorations, equipment, serving areas, and related activities in an accurate and timely manner
- Ensure customer satisfaction of events by communicating with the client and staff regarding any changes, substitutions or special requests; assisting banquet staff throughout the event as needed (refilling drinks, delivering food, bussing tables, etc.); and following up with host at the conclusion of event.
- Suggests and maintains cost controls
- Work as part of a team to develop and implement creative strategies to increase revenue
- Create and develop specialty items that can be implemented for the increase of revenue
- Responsible for overall guest satisfaction
- Ensure all employees are conducting themselves in a professional manner
- Complies with applicable health, alcoholic beverage, fire and other local/state laws
- Closing procedures and appropriate cash handling practices
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor or manager
Please contact General Manager Jay Kehoe at the email address or phone number provided below for details.