Looking to make the jump from line cook to management?
Eventide Fenway is currently hiring for Sous Chef!
Applicants should be team-oriented, hard-working and motivated, and have a strong will to work and learn and a positive attitude.
This is a great opportunity to join their team and grow into a management role while working in a fast-paced environment for James Beard Award Winning Chefs using the best local and international ingredients available!
- At least 3 years kitchen experience
- Knowledge of basic and elevated cooking procedures, recipes and knife skills
- Fluent in English language (writing, reading and speaking) and ability to communicate clearly
- Basic understanding of health and safety codes
- Servsafe certification, preferred
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Word & Excel preferred
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Help in staff training and facilitate onboarding
- Monitor quality of product and workmanship of employees providing guidance and criticism in productive formats when necessary
- Maintain inventory and pars of all products, food and non-food items, delegating tasks as needed
- Help in creative process of dishes and menu changes and specials including recipe documentation and updates
- Place orders as needed and oversee management of inventory and product pars
- Conduct trainings, meetings and organization of staff and service
- Maintain menu-related research and development
- Help maintain prep and ordering list
- Confirm stations are ready for service
Please respond with your resume via email.
This is a salary exempt position.
Eventide Fenway is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes all qualified individuals to apply regardless of race, gender, gender identification, sex, sexual orientation, disability, national origin, armed-services status, age, or any other classification protected by local, state, or federal law.