Eva’s Little Kitchen is looking for an experienced Pastry Chef to prepare a variety of desserts, pastries and/or other sweet goods. Your skill in baking high quality treats should be matched by your creativity to develop new amazing tastes and recipes.
The pastry chef is one of three managers who, as a team, along with the owner, Eva, lead and manage Eva’s Little Kitchen. The objective of the Pastry Chef is to uphold ELK’s missions while managing the pastry production, and pastry team. Success in this role includes incredible attention to detail, while developing team members by providing coaching and leadership.
The ideal candidate will be well-versed in culinary arts with a passion for pastry. They must adhere to health and safety standards to provide clients with the best possible serving.
- Reports to owner and Kitchen Manager
- Works in conjunction with owner to develop new recipes while operating and managing the pastry team
- Maintain a clean and organized kitchen including work stations, ovens, walk in/freezer, display counter
- Communication with Kitchen and FOH Managers to ensure proper ordering of food products
- Be vigilant with product quality; taste three things daily; take note of anything that is not normal looking, constantly be looking at what’s on display
- Frequently have eyes on the food ensuring standards are maintained.
- Be a vocal part of the management team to improve the bakery
- Train new staff on product, procedures, and educate staff in use of any new or unfamiliar ingredients
- Maintain deep clean schedule for pastry equipment
- Awareness and execution of catering orders and managing the product to fill orders in a timely fashion.
Skills for Qualification:
- At least 3 years of food production experience
- At least one year of management or supervisory experience in a professional kitchen preferred
- Open to feedback and committed to continuous improvement
- Dedicated to exceeding the expectations of customers
- Excellent attendance, reliability, communication and interpersonal skills
- Embraces new information and learns quickly
- Experience coaching, training, and developing others
- Attention to detail
- Actively problem solves using sound judgment
- ServSafe Certified or willingness to become certified
- Effective time management and delegation skills
They are also hiring for all positions as they are a new, growing business. If you have any interest in kitchen or foh positions, both hourly or salaried, please reach out to the email address below with a brief note of your interest and your resume.