Brooksby Village Continuing Care Retirement Community is currently seeking an Assistant Director of Dining Services in its multi-restaurant campus that provides a luxurious fine dining experience for their residents and guests.
Brooksby Village is part of Erickson Living, a market leader in the senior housing and continuing care retirement community space is uniquely positioned to grow the number of communities they manage and own in the next 5 years.
SUMMARY: Supervises Dining Services Management team; coordinates with Dining Services Managers (IL & CC), Catering/Events staff for menu implementation and special events. Works with Catering/Events to plan & present functions; coordinates retail services; provides residents, staff, and the community-at-large with high quality food and service in the IL and/or Continuing Care dining venues. Acquires all required equipment and supplies for the Department following company standards.
Supports the entire community dining department as directed with the Dining Services Director, Executive Chef, and the Catering/Events Manager to provide the residents, staff and the community at large with high quality food and service.
Must be available to relocate for available positions. Apply with the link below, please create a User Name and Password to submit your application.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Maintains the Erickson Living philosophy and Vision statement.
- Provides residents and staff with high quality, nutritious meals and responsive service and meets their needs while meeting regulatory requirements.
- Implements systems and controls to achieve financial performance as established by the departmental business plan and is aware of and addresses any changes in the financial climate that may affect the budget. Controls food, labor, and nonfood costs.
- Achieves customer (resident, guest, and employee) satisfaction goals.
- Purchases services and approved products following company standards.
- Interfaces with the Catering/Events department regarding the planning and production of catered functions and events. Coordinates public room bookings with Catering/Events department.
- Assists the Director of Dining Service with assessing, planning, implementing, and evaluating the department¢s goals and objectives.
- Ensures proper staffing levels for department. Makes hiring and employee discipline decisions. Develops, manages, trains, and evaluates employees, managers, and supervisors. Ensures compliance with Human Resource policies and procedures.
- Ensures that all services and programs (food service and clinical) are in compliance with federal, state and/or local regulations, laws and statues.
- Maintains productive and positive relationships with all members of the IL and Continuing Care interdisciplinary and leadership teams.
- Ensures they and all staff work safely, consistently using designated safety equipment (personal protective equipment- PPE).
- Effectively utilizes computer programs required by the Dining Department including HR, finance and food production systems.
- Shows professional knowledge, proficiency and initiative in achieving goals and meeting standards.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to manage several departments successfully
- Ability to communicate effectively with a large number of employees
- Knowledge or skills in culinary arts, purchasing, sanitation, business management and health care.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of five years food service management experience required, including production, service and sanitation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Restaurant Management, Dietetics or Institutional Management may be substituted for up to 1 year experience.
- College Degree in Restaurant Management or Hospitality preferred.
- General Managers
- Must be able to read, write, understand and communicate in the English language.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Serve Safe Certified obtained within 6 months of employment. Additional certifications required by federal, state and/or local regulations.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Use hands to finger, handle, or feel; or reach with hands and arms;
- Routinely lift and/or move objects weighing up to 25 pounds
- Talk, hear, smell, taste
- Ability to travel considerable distance across campus
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and depth perception
- Speaking, thinking, evaluating, instructing, calculating, writing, use of computer, learning new skills and information
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work in extreme temperatures including hot kitchen to refrigerators and freezers.
- Ability to work in a multi-tasked environment
- Ability to provide direction for multiple locations