Encore Boston Harbor is a luxury global destination gaming resort that features 671 hotel rooms with sweeping views of the Boston skyline and Boston Harbor, ultra-premium spa, luxury retail, high-end dining, and state-of-the-art ballroom and meeting spaces. At a total cost of $2.6 billion, it is the largest private single-phase development in the history of the Commonwealth. Situated on the waterfront along the Mystic River and connected to Boston Harbor, Encore Boston Harbor includes a six-acre park along the water that features a harbor walk, an events lawn, public viewing areas, ornate floral displays and retail and dining experiences that overlook the Encore Harbor Walk.
The Encore Boston Harbor Assistant General Manager will assist in managing the daily operations of their designated restaurant. The Assistant General Manager is responsible for operating the outlet efficiently within pre-established cost controls; managing, scheduling and training restaurant staff; monitoring staff performance, maintaining the department in accordance with Health Department standards; and ensuring customer satisfaction through application of outlet and Encore service standards. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: the management of the restaurant strategy and ensuring alignment with overall Encore Boston Harbor strategy; maximizing opportunities for restaurant and company success; maintaining all Encore Standards: and ensuring excellent guest and team member experience.
- Ensures all Encore Boston Harbor core values and property and restaurant standards are implemented and applied.
- Manages short-and long-term restaurant goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures; monitors and evaluates operational effectiveness; effects changes required for improvement. Identifies key drivers of success.
- Manages the restaurant performance, and the accuracy, confidentiality, and thoroughness of restaurant policies and procedures; records and reports.
- Manages the performance of team members under his/her area of responsibility.
- Monitors all activities of the restaurant to ensure that all applicable internal policies, federal and state laws, rules, regulations and controls property wide are enforced.
- Ensures restaurant delivers and maintains a maximum level of property-wide service and satisfaction.
- Facilitates communication throughout the property by organizing and presiding over regularly scheduled meetings with team members within the restaurant and with other restaurants as appropriate.
- Supports hiring, performance management, and employee engagement within the restaurant. Provides training opportunities, constructive and positive feedback to team members within area of responsibility.
- Creates a motivating environment.
- Keeps informed of all new developments within the restaurant and makes recommendations designed to maximize restaurant and company success.
- Effectively manages internal and external guest relations, which will require levels of patience, tact and diplomacy. Responsible for addressing guest and team member issues as appropriate.
- Manages multiple priorities simultaneously and meets deadlines, often in stressful and high-pressure situations.
- Must have the ability to promote positive, fair, and ethical relations with all team member, with all Encore contractors, and in all interactions within the Host and Surrounding communities as an ambassador of the Encore brand.
- Operates the restaurant efficiently within pre-established cost controls.
- Establishes restaurant business plan by surveying restaurant demand; conferring with people in the community; identifying and evaluating competitors; preparing financial, marketing, and sales projections, analyses, and estimates
- Ensure staff are diligent in their opening and closing procedures and that the facility is always correctly prepared.
- Check environmental elements including sound, lighting and temperatures are always correctly set.
- Conduct effective shift briefings ensuring all staff are aware of VIPs, special occasions, daily specials, product features and property-wide events.
- Encourage and motivate staff to provide optimum service during all shifts.
- Share recommendations and guest comments to the General Manager or Director of Restaurants to reflect guest feedback.
- Resolves guest’s complaints and team member difficulties.
- Controls purchases and inventory by reviewing and evaluating usage reports; analyzing variances; taking corrective actions.
- Works with safety as a priority, and follows restaurant and company safety standards.
- Maintains relevant knowledge of industry through continuing education and training.
- Performs any other job-related duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each job responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Age, Gaming and Certifications:
- 21 years of age or above.
- Will be required to obtain and maintain registration or a license issued by the Massachusetts Gaming Commission.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain any licensing or active work cards required, including but not limited to the Food Manager Certification and alcohol awareness card.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School degree or equivalent experience required. Bachelor’s Degree in hotel and restaurant management or a related field; or equivalent experience preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of full-service restaurant experience required, 3 years in a leadership role preferred.
- Requires strong computer skills and proficiency in POS Systems, Purchasing Software, Warehouse Requisition Software, Time-Keeping Software and Microsoft Office
- Candidate must have experience with planning and project management.
- Must possess outstanding organizational, interpersonal, and administrative skills, as well as excellent attention to detail.
- Knowledge of union as well as non-union working environments preferred.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret documents, such as policy and procedure manuals, maintenance instructions, and other related documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries from other employees or guests. Fluency in English required, second language a plus. Ability to write detailed instructions and correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and group situations.
- Mathematical Skills & Reasoning Ability:
- Ability to compute basic mathematical calculations. Ability to decipher various reports and create reports upon request.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is also regularly required to stand, walk, sit, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, and to sit, climb or balance, and stoop, stretch, bend, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Essential responsibilities include moderate physical ability such as lift or maneuver at least thirty (30) pounds, and varied instances of standing/walking.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that exists while Team Members are performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is typically moderate. When on kitchen or restaurant floor or some back of house areas, the noise level increases to loud. Must be able to interact with internal and external guests in a professional manner.
- Due to the unpredictable nature of the hospitality/entertainment industry, Team Members must be able to work varying-schedules to reflect the business needs of the property.
Apply online via the link provided below.