Big Night Entertainment Group operates some of the hottest, most cutting-edge restaurants and nightclubs in New England. Fueled by driven, passionate people, BNEG is known for its consistent growth, cutting edge sophisticated design, superior cuisines and elevated hospitality and service standards. Big Night has been recognized by our staff as the Boston Globe BEST place to work.
BNEG is always looking for talented, ambitious professionals to join the team.
As a Sous Chef, a typical day might include the following:
- Responsibility for supervising all kitchen staff on duty in absence of Head Chef and Executive Chef.
- Responsible for successfully managing the daily operations a high volume kitchen in order to ensure quality food production.
- Observe workers engaged in preparing, portioning, and garnishing foods to ensure that methods of cooking and garnishing and sizes of portions are as prescribed.
- Instruct cooking personnel in fine points of cooking.
- Cook and carve meats, and prepare dishes, such as sauces, during rush periods and for private dining and other social functions.
- Supervise organization and sanitation of, kitchen, storage areas and loading dock.
- Supervise kitchen and other BOH personnel and coordinates their assignments to ensure economical and timely food production.
- Observe methods of food preparation and cooking, sizes of portions, and garnishing of foods to ensure food is prepared in prescribed manner.
- Able to work in a high-volume, fast-pace work environment
- Other duties as assigned.
BNEG is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.