The Chef at Emerson Inn Seaside Resort will oversee all aspects of the food services and kitchen operations including maintaining and exceed food quality standards and safety. This is a leadership role, working closely with the owner and managers to provide memorable dining experiences. The Chef is responsible for creating a safe, clean, productive work environment for back of house staff.
TITLE: Chef/ Kitchen Manager
DEPARTMENT: Food and Beverage
SUMMARY OF ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Interact with guests on a daily basis, ensuring their experiences exceed expectations
- Ensure food quality is up to and exceeding brand standards
- Create menus with consideration to pricing, quality standards, product, execution, guest appeal and value perception
- Ability to safely and properly operate kitchen equipment including, but not limited to; ovens, stoves, dishwashers, slicers, steamers, mixers and knives
- Implement seasonal creative dishes using the freshest, local quality products available. Always keeping up to date with new and upcoming trends
- Work the hotline while leading line cooks through busy dinner services
- Create and implement working, manageable prep lists
- Responsible for hiring, managing, training, and motivating kitchen staff
- Lead your team with a proactive leadership style, through continuous managing of team members
- Work closely with the front of the house to improve menu knowledge and be able to give constructive feedback to elevate service standards.
- Handle and communicate guest feedback and special orders in a professional manner
- Attend weekly meetings with the management team to discuss weekly agendas, F&B operations and review BEOs. Sharing information gathered at these meetings to kitchen staff and creating associated action plans
- Enforce and maintain property standards, human resource policies and procedures
- Communicate effectively with all staff and management team. Be able to work with the Sales and Events team as well as guests to enhance menu items and offerings.
- Maintain understanding of hotel guest counts, scheduled groups and activities. Manage preparation, production, and scheduling based on business demands and needs.
- Ensure all products are on hand and within agreed cost percentages. Perform monthly inventories with accurate pricing.
- Effectively lead back of house staff consistently to increase productivity and quality standards while maintaining excellent service to guests.
- Maintain cleanliness and sanitation standards as required by state and local Board of Health and Human Services.
- General maintenance and upkeep of kitchen equipment.
- Perform or communicate general maintenance and upkeep of all equipment, providing a safe working environment for everyone.
- Must have bilateral fine manipulation of both hands which may be repetitive for entire shift
- Must be vertically mobile working in limited space for entire shift
- Protect assets of Emerson Inn Seaside Resort
- Follow all Covid safety protocol and procedures
- Must be eligible to work in the United States of America
- Minimum 3 years as an Executive Chef or 5 years as a Sous Chef with increasing responsibility in a similar property
- Culinary school graduate or completed certified program preferred
- Thorough understanding of food and beverage operations and preparation techniques, ideally in a hotel setting
- Mathematical abilities in order to and track inventory, controls, menu costing, invoices and other finances
- Ability to communicate in English, both orally and written.
- Proven experience in high volume kitchens.
- Ability to work under pressure and deal with stressful situations during busy periods
- Must be a team player, and be able to build and maintain strong working relationships with the management team
- Must be able multitask to change activity frequently and work with constant interruptions
- Ability to a variety of shift including but not limited to mornings, nights, weekends and holidays
- Frequent walking, bending, reaching, pushing, lifting, manual dexterity and repetitive motions.
- May require the ability to work on uneven outdoor surfaces.
- Stair climbing.
- Working in variable temperatures and conditions both extreme heat and cold.
- Frequent hand-washing.
- Hazards include, but are not limited to cuts, burns, slips, and tripping Working in extreme temperatures conditions both indoors and out
- Frequent hand-washing
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds
- Hazards include, but are not limited to cuts from knives and slicers, burns, exposure to raw meat, poultry, seafood, and produce, slips, and tripping
The duties and responsibilities described are not a comprehensive list and that additional tasks may be assigned to the employee from time to time; or. the scope of the job may change as necessitated by business demands
Apply via the email address provided below.