About Elmendorf Baking Supplies & Cafe
They’re a mom and pop owned baking supply shop, cafe, and grain mill in Cambridge, MA. The shop focuses on high-quality baking equipment, supplies, and ingredients with a strong emphasis on regional products.
The cafe offers delicious house-made sandwiches, Barrington coffee & espresso drinks, and awesome baked goods often made with flour milled at the shop.
The shop has an old-world feel and they expect employees to provide old-school personal customer service. This is a great environment for people willing to learn with an interest in food, baking, and regional products, as well as coffee and tea.
As a member of the team you’d be doing a bit of everything at the shop. In addition to daily barista, cashier, and retail duties, your position would include packaging flour and bulk ingredients.
Specific responsibilities include providing great customer service, making espresso drinks, ringing up customers, washing dishes, along with everyday shop tasks.
In this role they expect you to be detail oriented, hard working, and maintain a sense of urgency in your work.
They’re currently hiring for a part time position. Part time would be 16-18 hours a week (2 shifts) with occasional opportunity for additional hours. Please state in your cover letter what your work availability is.
- They prefer candidates looking for a long term position
- Barista experience is preferred though they are willing to train the right person
- trong preference will be given to candidates with retail experience
- Willingness to learn about products, customer service, etc.
- Must be able to stand on feet for long hours and be able to lift 20 pounds
- Must have a sense of urgency and keep a friendly demeanor during high volume periods
- Must be able to take direction, be punctual and reliable, and clean and organized
- Baking experience and/or interest in baking is a definite plus
- You must be interested in food!
$15-$17/hour including tips
- Employee discount
- Shift meals
- Room for growth