Elmendorf Baking Supplies & Cafe is a mom & pop owned baking supply shop, cafe, and mill in Cambridge, MA. Their shop focuses on high-quality baking equipment, supplies, and ingredients with a strong emphasis on regional products!
The cafe offers delicious house-made sandwiches, Barrington Coffee & espresso drinks, and awesome baked goods often made with flour milled at the shop.
They’re a pretty cool place to work with a lot to learn and room to grow. The shop has an old-world feel and they expect employees to provide old-school personal customer service. This is a great environment for people with an interest in food, baking, and regional products, as well as coffee and tea.
Your position is retail associate, barista, and cashier. Duties include providing great customer service, making espresso drinks, and ringing up customers. They’re a small shop and everybody does a bit of everything. Duties also include packaging product for the shelves, milling flour, and washing dishes along with everyday shop tasks.
- Retail/customer service experience preferred, but will train the right person.
- Preference will be given to candidates with previous barista experience.
- A strong interest in baking/food is required!
- Willingness to learn about products, customer service, etc.
- Must be able to stand on feet for long hours and be able to lift 20 pounds.
- Must have a sense of urgency and keep a friendly demeanor during high volume periods.
- Must be able to take direction, be punctual and reliable, and clean and organized.
$15-17/hour including tips
- Employee discount
- Shift meals
In your cover letter please write why you are interested in working at Elmendorf Baking Supplies & Cafe and what one of your favorite things to bake/cook is.
Also let them know what your availability is and whether you’re looking for part-time or full time work.