Founded in Italy in 2007, Eataly is the world’s largest artisanal Italian food and beverage marketplace. At Eataly, you can enjoy a meal at restaurants or quick-service counters, purchase the ingredients, and learn through classes and tastings. Eat Better, Live Better! Eataly is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
A Line Cook transforms high-quality, unique ingredients into authentic Italian dishes through preparing, cooking and plating food items in Eataly’s exciting, high-volume, open kitchens. Reports to the Sous Chef Manager or Chef de Cuisine.
- Portions, cuts, slices, dips, batters, breads, whips, beats, maintains holding temperature, fries and sautés
- Selects cuts of meat, poultry, shellfish, fish, game or vegetables to be used for frying or sautéing
- Plates menu items along with appropriate garnish
- Follows recipes and complies with portion sizes, quality standards, department rules and procedures, and Department of Health regulations
- Performs other duties as required or assigned
- 2+ years in a food preparation position
- Degree from a culinary arts training program preferred
- Good knife skills and finger dexterity to use small tools and utensils adeptly
- Availability to work onsite with a flexible schedule often including evenings, weekends and holidays
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to exert well-paced mobility for up to 8 hours, including standing, walking, bending and squatting
- Ability to work with commercial equipment including stand mixers, ovens, torches, etc.
BENEFITS AND PERKS
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance and Paid Parental Leave
- Paid Time Off, 401K with company match, Commuter Benefits and Plum Benefits
- Free staff meal during shift and discounts at Eataly
- Fun staff classes on products and Italian cuisine