Founded in Italy in 2007, Eataly is the world’s largest artisanal Italian food and beverage marketplace. At Eataly, you can Eat a meal at restaurants or quick-service counters, Shop for the ingredients, and Learn through classes and tastings. Eat Better, Live Better! Eataly is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
In Eataly’s 24-hour operating bakery, a Bread Baker is responsible for producing delicious bread and focaccia in accordance with their authentic Italian recipes. Directly reports to the Head Baker and/or Bakery Manager.
- Prepares bread, focaccia, rolls and other bread items for Eataly’s restaurants and retail operations
- Maintains a clean and sanitary food production area according to Department of Health standards
- Assists Sales Associates if needed and engages with guests interested in learning about their bread production
- Proper proofing techniques for each variety of bread
- Proper baking technique for each variety of bread
- Understanding of oven bake off flow
- Performs other duties as required or assigned
- 1+ years of experience in a baker preparation position
- Basic math and measuring skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong work ethic and time management skills
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred; degree from post-secondary culinary program highly preferred
- Availability to work a flexible schedule
- Ability to exert well-paced mobility for up to 8 hours and lift up to 55 lbs.
- Ability to work with a wood burning oven, electric pizza convection oven and commercial spiral mixer
- Food Handler’s License
BENEFITS AND PERKS
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance and Paid Parental Leave
- Paid Time Off, 401K with company match, Commuter Benefits and Plum Benefits
- Free staff lunch daily and discounts at Eataly
- Fun staff classes on products and Italian cuisine