Eataly is the largest artisanal Italian food and wine marketplace in the world! With various restaurants, their market sells the same quality products used by their chefs: cured meats, cheeses, fruits and vegetables, meat and fish, handmade pasta, pastries, coffee and tea, as well as dried pastas, sauces and olive oil. A cooking school, bookstore, housewares and beauty section makes it even easier to bring Italy home!
As a leader in the food and beverage industries, Eataly offers great benefits, staff discounts and tremendous growth opportunities. They are a young, energetic and innovative start-up that is rapidly expanding and they are looking for a new Sous Chef to grow with us! As an ambassador of Eataly products and services, their Sous Chef is responsible for helping to create and maintain quality experiences for each guest that comes to Eataly. Eataly ambassadors are expected to actively engage with guests and spend quality time with each customer.
Job Title: Sous Chef
Job Description: Eataly’s Sous Chef will supervise and coordinate activities concerning all back of house operations and personnel within an Eataly restaurant. He or she will oversee and execute production of all cuisine and will ensure the staff is following the same menu standards established by the Executive Chef. Their ideal candidate will have experience running a kitchen, ensuring that quality culinary dishes are served on schedule and approving all prepared food items that leave the kitchen.
They are looking for a creative, organized menu planner with expert and demonstrable experience in Italian cuisine. Their successful Sous Chef will properly manage and train a staff in Eataly’s ingredients and dishes, and will be actively engaged in creating and modifying a menu as needed to remain fresh and effective.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervises and coordinates all activities concerning the kitchen, food preparation and output and back of house personnel.
- Will be responsible for menu creation in conjunction with Executive Chef of Eataly.
- Serves as an ambassador of Eataly and a gracious host to all visitors.
- Works in a clean, neat manner, ensuring that all sanitation and nutrition practices according to state and federal regulations are maintained by kitchen employees.
- Ensures food quality standards of appearance and taste are met and maintained.
- Responsible for managing a budget and controlling food costs.
- 3 to 5 years of cooking experience is strongly preferred.
- Strong background in Italian regional cuisine- background in Italian culture, food history and/or familiarity with Slow Food principles a big plus.
- Passion for educating a staff and prior experience instructing and teaching a back of house team is required.
- Team management experience including leadership and motivation.
- Full and open availability to work days, nights and weekends.
- Flexibility and ability to gracefully handle last minute menu changes.
- Desire to learn and support Eataly’s mission and brand.
- Knowledge of the Italian and Spanish languages a huge plus.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills- must be comfortable interacting with guests, visiting chefs, vendors, winemakers, etc.
To apply, visit the web link below, or send resumes to the email address below.