Eataly Boston is looking for a Line Cook.
Responsible for all food items prepared in the restaurant kitchens of Eataly. Portions and prepares food items prior to cooking. Sautés, fries, or otherwise cooks food on the kitchen line. Other duties include plating and garnishing cooked items, preparing appropriate garnishes for fried or sautéed foods and preparing special requests. Responsible for maintaining a sanitary kitchen work station.
As an ambassador of Eataly products and services, the Line Cook is responsible for helping to create and maintain quality experiences for each guest that comes to Eataly. Eataly ambassadors are expected to actively engage with guests and spend quality time with each customer.
Essential Job Functions (Duties & Responsibilities) Description:
- Complies with all portion sizes, quality standards, department rules, policies and procedures.
- Identifies and selects cuts of meat, poultry, shellfish, fish, game or vegetables used for frying or sautéing.
- Prepares foods for frying, sautéing, and cooking.
- Prepares garnishes for dishes.
- Fries, sautés, or otherwise cooks food items and prepares pan sauces as appropriate.
- Plates menu items along with appropriate garnish.
- Maintains a sanitary work station that meets Department of Health standards.
- Selects and uses knives, hand tools, utensils and equipment to portion, cut, slice, dip, batter, bread, whip, beat, maintain holding temperature, fry, sauté, or otherwise produce food in their station.
- Adheres to all company and department procedures, policies, expectations and quality standards.
Two (2) years in a food preparation position.
Degree from a post-secondary culinary arts training program is desirable. Food Handler’s certificate is preferred.
Must be able to exert well-paced mobility for periods of up to four hours in length. Must have the ability to lift pots, pans, etc., up to 40 pounds in weight. Must possess finger dexterity to use small tools adeptly. Must be able to follow instructions. Good knife skills are essential.
To apply, send your resume to the email address provided below or follow the online application link.