Eataly is the world’s largest artisanal Italian food and beverage marketplace. At Eataly, you can EAT, SHOP and LEARN about high-quality, authenic Italian cuisine. Each Eataly location features full-service restaurants, quick-service counters and cafes, a grocery market and a cooking school.
Inspired by a desire to share regional Italian cuisine across the entire country of Italy, Oscar Farinetti opened the first Eataly in 2007 in Turin. Since then, Eataly has expanded to open more than 35 locations across the globe. In North America, Eataly can be found in New York, Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles and Las Vegas. We will soon open in Toronto, Dallas and many other cities.
Terra is our restaurant on the third-floor mezzanine that features a wood fire grill and regional Italian inspired cuisine. The menu will showcase house made pasta, seasonal specials featuring local products and a number of Italian specialty items sourced from our downstairs markets including dry aged meats and the freshest seafoods available.
The Chef de Cuisine (CDC) supports the Executive Chef in managing all aspects of production of authentic Italian dishes in Eataly’s restaurant, Terra. The CDC ensures quality standards are consistently met in the areas of food production, team management and guest experience.
Reports directly to the Executive Chef and manages a team of Sous Chef Managers.
• Collaborates closely with the Executive Chef to plan and execute seasonal menus in the restaurants
• Supervises cooking personnel to guarantee quality standards
• Directs hiring, training, scheduling, managing and termination of back of house (BOH) employees
• Submits and reviews weekly payroll for all BOH employees
• Reviews financial information, such as sales and costs, and monitors budget to ensure efficient operations
• Collaborates interdepartmentally with restaurants, store outlets and corporate as needed to plan activities, special events, share information, etc.
• Supervises inventory, estimates ordering cost/needs and receives/checks orders
• Documents, investigates, escalates and resolves employee or guest incidents
• Performs other duties as required or assigned
• 5+ years of experience in a BOH position with 2+ years of management experience
• Exceptional communication and leadership skills
• Knowledge of Italian cuisine
• Advanced computer skills
• Bachelor’s Degree or degree from a post-secondary culinary arts training program highly preferred
• Availability to work a flexible schedule including nights and weekends
• Ability to stoop, bend, reach and exert well-paced mobility for periods up to 8 hours in length
• Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
• Ability to operate standard kitchen equipment
BENEFITS AND PERKS
• Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance and Paid Parental Leave
• Paid Time Off, 401K with company match, Commuter Benefits
• Discounts at Eataly