Eastern Standard is seeking a Sous Chef to join their team! The right candidate will thrive in a team-oriented, fast paced environment. Located in Boston’s Kenmore Square, this is a great position for a motivated, organized Chef who wants to develop and fine tune leadership skills in a professional kitchen. The Chef team at Eastern Standard works to oversee four meal periods, private events and hotel room service, while continually developing exciting, seasonal menus. As a Sous Chef at Eastern Standard, you are supported by your peers yet given room to take ownership over specific projects and team members. This is position is ideal for candidates interested in growing into a Chef de Cuisine.
- Oversee day to day culinary operations
- Coordinate produce, seafood, meat, dairy and kitchenware orders
- Uphold kitchen sanitation standards pertaining to food safety
- Assist in the creation and development of menu items
- Standardize recipes and plate presentations
- Work alongside cooks every day as a teacher and mentor
- Work with management to create a memorable experience for guests
- Previous experience in culinary arts, cooking or other related fields
- Knowledge of food cost and kitchen labor structure
- Passion for food and cooking techniques
- Interest in leadership
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
Eastern Standard celebrates the modern brasserie, serving breakfast, lunch and dinner, 7 days per week. The right candidate will influence both meat and fish preparation, classic sauces & stock and a house made charcuterie program. Eastern Standard offers a competitive starting salary, benefits program, transportation support and paid vacation policy. Previous Sous Chef experience is appreciated but not required.
Please apply to the email listed below