In 2023, four exciting hospitality venues, created and conceptualized by restaurateur Garrett Harker, will open at Bower, a new apartment residence in Boston. Best known for Eastern Standard, Island Creek Oyster Bar, Row 34 and The Hawthorne, Garrett will once again bring enlightened hospitality and high energy operations to the Fenway neighborhood. Garrett is joined by Beverage Director Jackson Cannon and Culinary Director Nemo Bolin in the construction and operation of these concepts.
We are seeking an ambitious and motivated Private Events Manager to join the initial team and begin building event experiences for our 2023 opening and beyond. This role abounds with creativity and innovation, with the opportunity to start from the ground up and make your mark within the organization. The right candidate will successfully manage new event space development, participate in event menu creation, begin curating the guest experience, and more. Liaising with PR & marketing efforts, the Events Manager will act as an ambassador for the project, getting out into the city and connecting with local businesses and partners. Business development is an essential part of this exciting new position, as is an understanding of and appreciation for impeccable hospitality and extraordinary dining experiences.
This role will also join the operations team in project work necessary to open these four concepts. We are looking for an individual with great communication skills, project management work and attention to detail in both events and hospitality operations.
- Generate event leads through proactive outreach to guests, business contacts and partners, responding to all incoming inquiries for dining, events and guest experiences
- Maintain and develop the business and social events market, as well as programmed large-scale events
- Develop and understand event sales strategy to maximize event revenue and logistics for a seamless guest experience
- Communicate with guests throughout the booking and planning process by showing event spaces, venues, discussing pricing, generating contracts, menu creation, securing payment details and other necessary steps
- Create and implement internal procedures to ensure confirmed events are planned, discussed and executed in partnership will all management team members
- Work with guests on all event details, including customized menus, beverage details, floorplans, room setup, equipment, AV needs, run of show and all specifics pertaining to their event
- Maintain and constantly update event information within catering software program to generate BEOs
- Participate in weekly meetings with chefs and managers to communicate all details for events
- Communicate in an organized and timely manner all of the logistics and specifics of the party to on-site management
- Greet guests and provide on-site support for events to ensure proper execution of all event details
- Evaluate all events for guest experience, food and beverage and billing accuracy. Determine key follow up to generate return business and engagement with guest
- Respond to all guest questions and comments in a timely and hospitable manner
- Establish sales budgets with ownership and creatively drive sales goals across all services
- Support the hiring, training and management of key staff selected to work events, developing a team as the company grows
- Assist with special projects as part of the opening management team
- Act as an ambassador of the restaurant group, liaising with PR, marketing, ownership and other key stakeholders
- Stay up-to-date on event-related technology, working with respective teams and contacts to update tools and build vendor relationships
- Assist in developing and executing special marketing events
- Passionate event and sales professional with an affinity for and relevant experience in hospitality
- Experience working in the event space, with 2+ years of event sales, coordination, and client relations
- A strong work ethic, positive attitude, and unbreakable spirit are essential
- Self-motivated and independent, with the ability to work well with diverse teams
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Able to multitask, adapt, work well under pressure, and succeed in a fast-paced, constantly evolving, and often ambiguous environment
- Active listening, time management, and customer service skills, including successful and positive resolutions to guests’ issues
- Strong leadership and people management skills
- Proficient in Excel, Word, and other key software programs such as OpenTable and Tripleseat
- Flexibility in schedule and availability, as night and weekend hours may frequently be required
- Able to stand for up to eight hours, stoop, kneel, reach, lift, and/or carry objects up to 30 lbs. during the course of the work shift
- Able to work both indoors and outdoors in all types of weather
Compensation and Benefits:
We offer a competitive salary (based on experience) plus sales commissions and performance bonuses, health/dental/vision insurance, paid time off plan, dining discounts, and continuous development and learning opportunities.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. We are an equal opportunity employer.
To apply, please send your resume to the email provided below.