Do you love food and want to work in a high energy position that connects both Front of House and Back of House teams? Eastern Standard Kitchen & Drinks is hiring an Expeditor. As Expeditor, or “Expo”, you will support the delivery of all food items into the dining room. This is a key component to daily service, working with both back of house and front of house teams. This position is high energy and melds both culinary and operations skills.
The ideal candidate has a great work ethic and is very detail-oriented. Expo oversee all dishes leaving the kitchen and should have a passion for beautiful, delicious, hot food! The Expeditor will join a kitchen culture rooted in education, proficiency, teamwork, and employee development. They will respect everyone in the kitchen, from Dishwashers to Managers.
They look for the following qualities in an Expeditor –
- Flexible Schedule (Wednesday – Sunday)
- Great communication skills
- Calm under pressure
- Dexterity in using kitchen equipment / utensils / heavy trays
The Expo role has the following responsibilities –
- Receive all printed tickets to the kitchen
- Organize all printed tickets
- Receive food, checking final preparation for accuracy, presentation and temperature
- Work with food runners, sending dishes to the correct tables
- Troubleshoot effectively – keeping a close eye on ticket times and dish presentation
- Adhere to quality and health / sanitation standards of ES
- Transfer important information between the kitchen and front of house staff
- Understand allergy protocol and work with management on correctly delivering specific dishes
- Communicate with kitchen team when a dish needs to be remade per guest request
- Support Take Out orders and any other functions vital to nightly service
- Complete necessary sidework doing down time
Please apply to the email listed below. They offer a competitive hourly wage from between $14-$16 per hour, employee discount and benefits at 90 days of employment.