East Meets West Catering is looking for Part Time Culinary Assistants to assist our Culinary team and support the Lead Chef in all preparation of event production while at the event. This includes but is not limited to the following:
- Assisting in packing out all food and culinary items needed for the event
- Light prep work while at the event
- Heating, assembling and platting of Hors d’Oeuvres
- Organization and set up of onsite kitchen and stations
- Execution and organization of all food items for meal service
- Leading and assisting with the culinary execution of off-premise events, including organization of space.
- Clear communication with Event Management and staff regarding event expectations, timeline and execution of all culinary items.
- Maintain a clean and respectful presence in front of and away from clients and staff. Communicate with guests in a friendly manner.
- ServSafe Foodhandler Certification required; Allergen Awareness is a plus
Skills and Qualification
- Previous kitchen experience in a restaurant or catering
- Attention to detail
- Consistency in the preparation of all food
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team
- Organization of themselves and their station
- The ability to multi-task in a busy kitchen while working independently as well as with others.
- Must be able to work efficiently and have a clear knowledge of time management.
- Experience in set-up and organization of an off-site kitchen a plus
The employee is required to sit, stand, reach, lift, bend, kneel, stoop, climb, push and pull items weighing 55 pounds or less on a regular basis.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This position is great for someone with a flexible schedule, day or evening availability, availability on weekends looking to pick up a few shifts a week as a part time position or someone just looking to further their culinary skill set.
Requires a willingness to commit to working 2-3 Saturdays in May, June and December
Ability to pick up full time hours during peak season
Competitive hourly rate
Accrues sick time