DOMENIC’S Italian Bakery & Deli Seeks Experienced Kitchen General Manager
Offering Artisan Paninis & Italian Specialities, Domenics Bakery & Deli brings you an authentic taste of Italy! What started as a bakery 40 years ago has grown and transitioned into a Bakery & Deli serving freshly made panini’s with their house-made baked bread, in-house roasted meats & condiments and a variety of Italian specialties with imported ingredients.
Their homegrown establishment is seeking a Kitchen General Manager to lead and manage their fast-paced and dynamic day-to-day operations. The right individual has experience working in a high-volume, high-quality, fast paced food retail / grab-and-go establishment; one who is hands-on & has a roll up your sleeves attitude, can think quickly on one’s feet, and can independently problem solve swiftly with confidence and certainty; one who is passionate about creating high-quality food, customer satisfaction and overall guest experience. Most importantly, the ideal candidate is one who desires to be a part of and be at the helm of a tightly knit, small team.
The Kitchen General Manager is responsible for the overall back of the house and kitchen functions including ordering & purchasing, cost control, meeting the over-all quality standards, sanitation and cleanliness requirements; training, overseeing and managing employees in kitchen safety, methods of cooking & following recipes, food preparation, portion control, presentation, cleanliness and sanitation standards.
- Ensure that all food and products are consistently prepared and served according to Domenics recipes, portioning, cooking and serving standards
- Collaborate in planning menu items such as establishing portion sizes and preparing standard recipe cards for all new menu items
- Maintaining inventory and ensuring that all products are ordered and received correctly, up to standards and stored according to sanitation standards
- Control food cost and usage by following proper handling and storage procedures, following standard recipes and waste control procedures
- Ensure that all equipment is kept clean and kept in excellent working condition
- Schedule labor effectively according to anticipated business activity while ensuring labor cost objectives are met
- Oversee and manage personnel and administer prompt, fair and consistent corrective action and provide performance reviews accordingly
- Oversee the training of kitchen personnel in safe operation of all kitchen equipment and utensils
- Responsible for training kitchen personnel in food preparation
- Responsible for training kitchen personnel according to cleanliness and sanitation practices and standards
- Responsible for maintaining appropriate cleaning schedules for kitchen sinks, floors, mats, walls, hoods, other equipment and food storage areas.
- Check and maintain proper food holding and refrigeration temperature control points.
- Fill in where needed to ensure guest service standards and efficient operations
Job Requirements & Qualifications:
- 3 years minimum experience as a kitchen manager in a similar capacity establishment
- 5 years minimum collective experience in various kitchen positions of food preparation including line cook, fry cook, pantry cook/ garde manger
- Current food safety certification
- Knowledge of Italian cuisine & experience working with Italian ingredients preferred
- Attention to detail
- Positively influence team members contributing to overall efficiency of daily operations and customer satisfaction
- Has keen problem solving skills and can handle conflicts and challenges that may arise with grace under pressure
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with managers, personnel & guests
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to reach, bend & stoop frequently
- Has the stamina to work on one’s feet, moving about, for a long period of time
- Full-time availability to work
Paid vacation, Health benefits & 401(k)
Interested? They’d love to hear from you!
You may send your resume to the email address below!
Learn more about them at www.getdoms.com