Are you ready for a high-growth opportunity that will impact the future of food?
You will work with a team that is driven by culinary excellence, and lead them to new skills in a high volume scratch-based kitchen. You are a dynamic leader who loves to train, mentor, and develop your teams into future leaders by working side by side with them each day. You’re an achiever who has a maniacal sense for operations and is driven by results.
You will create dishes from local farms that supply us with seasonal vegetables. Giving back to the farmers who grow their produce gives you the drive to serve their local communities while making a change by impacting the food system.
About the team: Their Restaurants are run by a traditional brigade system. As the General Manager, you are the first in command. You report directly to the Area Chef and the Chef de Cuisine and Sous Chefs report directly to you. You will also collaborate and be mentored by your Area Chef. Their restaurant teams provide guests with an experience that goes beyond a great meal.
A taste of daily responsibilities for the General Manager include:
- Be responsible for the entire culinary and restaurant operation, as well as financial responsibilities such as food cost management, labor efficiency, and building top-line sales
- Develop all team members and keep retention rates high and promotions frequent
- Handle daily P&L responsibility- accountability for all food and labor costs
- Oversee the quality of fresh ingredients received from their farm partners
- Be the face of hospitality and be a central force by interacting with guests to deliver exceptional service
- Oversee inventory, supply & scheduling
- Achieve and maintain Department of Health Standards, holding your team accountable and role-modeling cleanliness from your tactics organizing the kitchen and all stations
- Handle all employee relations communication (including disciplinary action)
- Hire and interview candidates while properly managing recruiting needs
- Review & collaborate on people development plans with their Director of Training
- Communicate verbally and digitally on a daily basis across various systemic and organizational platforms such as GoogleDrive, Hot Schedules, Slack, Wrike, Revel, Paycom, etc.
- 3 – 5 years minimum kitchen management experience
- A passion for real, good food and the leadership skills to operate a high volume restaurant
- The willingness to roll up your sleeves and pitch in -whenever necessary
- The demonstrated skills to motivate and develop a high performing team
- The discipline and desire to create systems and organization within fast changing environments
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong computer skills
- Ability to learn technological platforms and work systematically with them
- Familiarity with restaurant costing and inventory software
- An eye for detail
- The ability to perform physical requirements of the position (lift up to 50lbs)
- The desire for professional improvement and the process of learning
- The drive to network and build strong ties in your restaurant’s community
- The ability to take many variables to find the best solution to a problem
- An organized approach to achieving team goals
- Proven tactics to successful operations in an evolving environment
- Your Department of Health and/or ServSafe certification
- Aside from your the standard job description fare (competitive salary, medical, dental, vision) they also offer:
- Phone reimbursement
- Equinox gym membership
- Complimentary DIG lunch everyday
DIG is a farm-to-table food company with over 25 locations in New York and the Northeast, serving seasonal vegetables and culinary comfort food on an urban scale.
The company is built on a culture of driven curiosity and ambitious innovation, finding and implementing new solutions to offering a simple, healthy, affordable meal. Their mission is to build a better food system (one vegetable at a time) that offers a better deal to customers, cooks, and farmers alike.
Since getting started in 2011, they have focused on the essentials of their mission- building kitchens, training chefs, and developing one-on-one relationships with over 50 partner farms. The next few years will be a period of expansion, as they open in new cities and use the platform they’ve built for a better conversation around sourcing, cooking, and the business of food.
And did they mention free DIG for all employees? They strongly recommend the sweet potatoes.
DIG believes in the power of a shared table to bring people together as they are committed to building a culturally inclusive team. Diverse candidates encouraged to apply.