Democracy Brewing is looking for a successful and enthusiastic event planner to produce events from conception through to completion. They need someone who can lead a team to successfully interface with Boston’s diverse communities to ensure that their event with Democracy Brewing succeeds their expectations. What is the point of an amazing event if no one knows about it? They also need someone who is savvy at promotion for public events as well as targeting key demographics to build their customer base. This may mean in a single week pulling off a union retirement party, a non-profit fundraiser, and a live music performance.
- Coordinate details of events such as conferences, weddings, birthdays, anniversaries, charity events, surprise parties, trade shows, sales meetings, business meetings, employee appreciation events and virtual events.
- Book talent, including musicians, bands, and disc jockeys.
- Strong background in social media.
- Experience with drafting press releases and maintaining press contacts.
- Edit and design promotional materials.
- Liaise with clients to identify their needs and to ensure customer satisfaction
- Conduct market research, gather information and negotiate contracts prior to closing any deals.
- Direct outreach to organizations through email, phone calls and meetings to attract new customers.
- Propose ideas to improve provided services and event quality
- Organize facilities and manage all event’s details such as decor, catering, entertainment, transportation, location, invitee list, special guests, equipment, promotional material etc
- Ensure compliance with insurance, legal, health and safety obligations
- Specify staff requirements and coordinate their activities
- Cooperate with marketing and PR to promote and publicize event
- Proactively handle any arising issues and troubleshoot any emerging problems on the event day
- Conduct pre- and post – event evaluations and report on outcomes
- Research market, identify event opportunities and generate interest
- Proven event management experience
- Impressive portfolio of previously managed events
- Excellent time management and communication skills
- Sales skills and ability to build productive business relationships
- Ability to manage multiple projects independently
Democracy Brewing is a worker-owned brewery and pub committed to making great beers and supporting their community. They opened their doors in Downtown Crossing on July 4th, Independence Day 2018! Their mission is to re-create the traditional public house, brew the best beer in Boston, pair it with tasty food, and serve it to you in combination with two great American ideals: democracy, and owning your own business. They offer ownership opportunities with profit sharing after one year, living wages for all employees and a fun collaborative work environment.
Please send a resume and cover letter to the email address below!