Davio’s Northern Italian Steakhouse is expanding their team! Come join the family!
Davio’s is located at The Street at Chestnut Hill – with free employee parking.
Davio’s pairs a state-of-the-art kitchen and exceptional restaurant design with a warm, inviting place to dine. Newly added banquet rooms have created the need to expand their team.
They are looking for experienced, hardworking and enthusiastic people to add to their team! Their focus is all about the guest; over-the-top hospitality and ensuring the perfect guest experience. They serve amazing drinks and quality food in a fun and fine dining atmosphere!!! If you are willing to learn — they will teach you!
Flexible schedules fit any lifestyle- weekends and holidays are a must! They offer a competitive salary for fine dining establishment and a great benefits package.
Manages and directs the daily operations of the restaurant, including selection, development and performance management of employees. Manages the day-to-day operational and financial activities to optimize profits and ensure that guests are satisfied with their dining experience.
Staff Management and Personnel:
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date plan of restaurant staffing needs. Prepares schedules and ensures that the restaurant is staffed for all shifts.
- Interviews and recommends candidates to General Manager for employment. Conducts new hire facility orientation.
- Manages performance of employees and disciplines employees, as needed.
- Motivates and coordinates multiple activities and tasks for restaurant staff to ensure guests are satisfied.
Operational / Financial:
- Supervises operation of bar to maximize profitability, minimize legal liability and conform to alcoholic beverage regulations.
- Maintains a positive working relationship with vendors, suppliers and maintenance personnel.
- Ensures all health and safety restaurant policies and procedures are followed.
- Manages food, beverage and restaurant inventory; orders supplies as needed.
- Responsible for ensuring that all financial related administrative duties are completed accurately, on time and in accordance with company policies and procedures. This includes accountability for daily sales reconciliation (e.g., counting sales [money], preparing daily balance sheet, sending sales receipts to office, pull payouts and record on Micros Payout Excel spreadsheet).
- Performs sales operational functions using point-of-service (POS) restaurant software application. Maintains accurate employee information in software system, creates and prints reports (e.g., end- of-month, inventory, payroll) and ensures weekly re-boot (POS) and bookkeeping systems, as required.
- Ensures exceptional guest service in all areas.
- Reports complaints and resolution steps to Assistant General Manager & General Manager.
- Expediently responds to guest complaints, taking any and all appropriate actions to turn dissatisfied guests into return guests.
Food Safety and Planning:
- Enforces sanitary practices for food handling, general cleanliness, and maintenance of kitchen and dining areas. Ensures compliance with operational standards, company policies, federal/state/local laws, and ordinances.
- Responsible for ensuring consistent high quality of food preparation and service uniforms, and appearance standards.
- Works with Corporate Office staff to provide information relating to vendor invoicing and sales data (e.g., Micros reports).
- Estimates dining room supply needs (e.g., china, flatware, glasses, logo paper goods) to ensure proper amounts are available during the course of each day.
- Coordinates the ordering and timely delivery of supplies (e.g., china, flatware, glasses, logo paper goods) with distributors to ensure proper inventory levels are maintained at the restaurant consistently.
Assists with coordinating and organizing private events.
Performs all other duties, as assigned.
Required Education, Training, Knowledge and Experience:
Describes the minimum education, training, knowledge and experience which are required to competently perform the job duties of this job.
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent, preferred in hotel and restaurant management or related field. A combination of practical experience and education will be considered as an alternative.
- Minimum of two years of directly related restaurant management experience in fine dining which includes personnel management and operational experience.
- Working knowledge in the following dimensions of restaurant functions: food planning and preparation, purchasing, sanitation, security, company policies and procedures, personnel management, recordkeeping, and preparation of reports.
- Experience in restaurant point-of-service (POS) systems (e.g., MICROS) and on-line reservation systems.
- Knowledge of state alcohol serving regulations.
Core Skills, Competencies, and Characteristics:
Describes the core skills, competencies and characteristics that the candidate must display to be successful in this role.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills and exceptional consciousness of non-verbal language.
- High level of active listening skills and strong guest service skills which includes the ability to resolve guest issues/complaints with tact and diplomacy.
- Strong leadership and people management skills.
- Strong multi-tasking, organizational and time management skills to ensure a quick response to guest needs.
- Effective problem solving skills to detect changes in circumstances or events.
- Professional and courteous demeanor.
- Positive team and motivational skills.
- Aptitude for accurate mathematical calculations as it relates to inventory and related supplies.
- Exceptional personal hygiene and positive representation of the organization to employees, guests and vendors.
- Fluent in English speaking, writing and understanding.
Describes the characteristics that represent the work environment the employee will encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
General food service environment in which you may remain standing on your feet for up to six hours and may also be required to stoop, kneel, reach, lift and /or carry during the course of the work shift. This may require you to regularly lift and/or move up to 40 lbs. during the course of the work shift.
Apply in person or via the email address provided below.