Executive Chef and Owner, Mario LaPosta will open da LaPosta, a wood-fired pizzeria and restaurant, in Newton this fall. The restaurant is a homage to authentic Italian cooking and is inspired by the nostalgic meals of his childhood.
Drawing from his years of experience cooking Neapolitan and Roman pizza both in the States, and in Italy, Artisanal pizza will be at the center of da LaPosta. This pizza will be naturally leavened, created from a 4-year-old starter, and prepared with custom blended organic, whole-wheat flour from Central Milling. This product is truly a unique blend of both tradition, and innovation.
The restaurant’s rustic seasonal menu will also feature handmade pastas and homemade gelato.
They are seeking a driven and passionate individual with a minimum of 3 years restaurant experience and preferred 1 year of management experience. Must be flexible and willing to work long hours necessary upon opening the restaurant. The Sous Chef will need to have the ability to thrive in a learning environment, educate staff and inspire the kitchen team. They will work directly with Chef/ owner and assist in overseeing all BOH operations. Serious and dedicated candidates only!
- Knowledge and passion of Italian cuisine
- Knowledge of Pizza and wood fired cooking a plus
- Minimum 1 year experience expediting food service
- Knowledge of all hot line stations with an emphasis on Pasta
- Experience making fresh pasta
- The ability to be the best cook in the kitchen
- Ability to work with a staff of 15-20
- High volume experience (200+ covers a night)
- Advanced knife skills
- Ability to train and lead staff
- Ability to assist in creating menus and writing recipes
- Knowledge in kitchen operations (Food Cost, Ordering, Scheduling, Inventory, etc.)
- Assist in creating a positive, team focused culture amongst staff
Competitive Salary, Monthly Bonuses, Paid Vacation, Health & Dental
APply via the email address provided below.