Executive Chef and Owner, Mario LaPosta will open da LaPosta, a wood-fired pizzeria and restaurant, in Newton this fall. The restaurant is a homage to authentic Italian cooking and is inspired by the nostalgic meals of his childhood. Drawing from his years of experience cooking Neapolitan and Roman pizza both in the States, and in Italy, Artisanal pizza will be at the center of da LaPosta. This pizza will be naturally leavened, created from a 4-year-old starter, and prepared with custom blended organic, whole-wheat flour from Central Milling. This product is truly a unique blend of both tradition, and innovation. The restaurant’s rustic seasonal menu will also feature handmade pastas and homemade gelato.
Major Responsibilities and Duties
Quality candidates will have a friendly presence on the floor and behind a bar, a phenomenal sense of hospitality, team-work driven, and pride themselves in serving delicious, authentic food.
- Have a clear understanding of beer, wine, and familiarity with cocktail recipes
- Maintain a clean work space and appearance at all times
- Strength in multi-tasking including making cocktails, food/beverages orders, pre-bussing, etc
- Consistent maintenance of service standards and compliance with local and federal laws
- Adherence to all management standards including but not limited to cleaning, cash/credit processing, and pre-preparation of items when applicable
- Computer literacy
- Candidate must have hands-on food and beverage and a working knowledge of the hospitality business, especially surrounding passionate and engaging service
- Must be willing to work flexible hours as needed including nights, weekends, and holidays
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment and able to handle multiple priorities
- Must have the ability to stand/walk for extended periods of time
- Must posses clear, concise written and verbal communication skills as it relates to speaking to guests, management, and co-workers
- TIP’s certified desired, but not required for hire
Apply via the email address below.