Executive Chef and Owner, Mario LaPosta will open da LaPosta, a wood-fired pizzeria and restaurant, in Newton this fall. The restaurant is a homage to authentic Italian cooking and is inspired by the nostalgic meals of his childhood.
Drawing from his years of experience cooking Neapolitan and Roman pizza both in the States, and in Italy, Artisanal pizza will be at the center of da LaPosta. This pizza will be naturally leavened, created from a 4-year-old starter, and prepared with custom blended organic, whole-wheat flour from Central Milling. This product is truly a unique blend of both tradition, and innovation.
The restaurant’s rustic seasonal menu will also feature handmade pastas and homemade gelato.
Major Responsibilities and Duties
Line Cooks are responsible for preparation, cooking and production of high-quality culinary dishes during service. Ideal candidate has minimum 2 years experience as a Line Cook in a high volume, fast paced kitchen or food service environment.
- Strong work ethic and passion for fresh ingredients
- Must have excellent knife skills and proficiency in all aspects of cooking
- Experience with various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment, and procedures
- Knowledge and understanding of health, safety and sanitation standards
- Ability to take direction, and follow/execute recipes to designated specifications
- Ability to maintain cleanliness and organization standards in a high-pressure environment
- Excellent attention to detail, time management, and communication skills
- Polished presentation
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including days, nights, weekends, and holidays
- Ability to perform physical requirements for the role including standing/walk for entirety of shift, and lifting/carrying up to 50 pounds
Apply via the email address provided below.