Executive Chef and Owner, Mario LaPosta will open da LaPosta, a wood-fired pizzeria and restaurant, in Newton this fall. The restaurant is a homage to authentic Italian cooking and is inspired by the nostalgic meals of his childhood.
Drawing from his years of experience cooking Neapolitan and Roman pizza both in the States, and in Italy, artisanal pizza will be at the center of da LaPosta. This pizza will be naturally leavened created from a 4-year-old starter, and prepared with custom blended organic, whole-wheat flour from Central Milling. This product is truly a unique blend of both tradition, and innovation. The restaurant’s rustic seasonal menu will also feature handmade pastas and homemade gelato.
Overview of Position
They are seeking a qualified Assistant General Manager who is passionate about food, service, and the hospitality industry. The ideal candidate is a positive, driven, hands-on team player that can handle multiple tasks and has strong communication skills.
To be considered for this position, they are looking for a candidate who possesses the following:
- Related experience as a manager with responsibilities including (but not limited to): hiring, administration, opening/closing duties, beverage program development, payroll, scheduling, conflict resolution
- Experience leading, building, and inspiring teams
- Strong computer and math skills
- Ability to work all necessary day parts including nights and weekends
- Experience in staff supervision in a high-volume restaurant environment
- Excellent food and beverage knowledge, particularly surrounding Italian food, wine, and spirits
- Ability to contribute thoughts and ideas to maximize restaurant results
Da LaPosta is proud to offer the following perks:
- Competitive Wages
- Paid Time Off
- Medical & Dental Benefits
Apply via the email address provided below.