The Group Operations Manager is a key leader on the diverse team at Cushman Concepts. Their responsibilities lie beyond operations, sales, fiscal and asset management. They serve as a lead role connecting key relationships within the group including Owners Tim and Nancy Cushman, the General Managers, the Group Executive Chef, the Group Marketing & Events Manager and external partners and investors.
The Group Operations Manager ensures the successful day to day running of the restaurant group, including but not limited to planning, scheduling, directing, controlling, monitoring and the ongoing analysis of the business. They are expected to create, review and enforce best practices and systems within the entire organization and in support of the leadership teams, which are in line with brand and ideally exceed typical industry standards. They are expected to lead by example in relationship building across, up, down and outside the organization. Their professionalism, communication, ethics and accountability should be a world class example for how they do things at Cushman Concepts. They should exemplify the core values in their day to day actions and long term decision making: Humble Kind & Caring, Curious, Playful and Intentional.
PEOPLE & HR
- The Group Operations Manager is the hub of their amazing team along with the Group Executive Chef.
- They exemplify the tone for their culture of being human, genuinely caring, and professional and support and continuously drive Tim & Nancy’s vision for being a best place to work within this challenging industry.
- They partner with outsourced HR to oversee all HR practices, policies and procedures, compliance, hiring practices, successful onboarding, performance management practices and terminations.
- They are responsible for keeping the employee handbook up to date.
- The Group Operations Manager is responsible for overseeing the financial health of the operations. This includes driving best practices for analyzing and acting on effective daily, weekly, monthly and annual reporting to Owners Tim & Nancy Cushman and the internal management teams.
- This position develops annual budgets and holds the team accountable to the approved budgets.
- This position identifies, addresses and resolves financial challenges in the restaurants with the management teams ongoing and on a timely basis.
- Labor and COGS are a key focus of this position and management and problem solving with the teams, but the Group Operations Manager must be able to analyze and recommend and problem solve for all aspects of the business to maintain financial health and ensure goals are met.
- The Group Operations Manager is responsible for working with vendors to spearhead all annual insurance renewals, e.g. General Liability, Worker’s Comp, Medical & Dental.
- This position will ensure accurate payroll and bonus and benefits program execution, deductions and timely communications to staff regarding these programs.
- Ensure GM’s are renewing all licensing and permits per location on a timely basis and kept up to date at all times.
- Ensure staff and building related certifications including ServSafe, TIPS training, rice testing; onboarding and offboarding maintenance of emails and technology access.
- Complete or facilitate completion of worker’s comp audits, unemployment, EEO and any federal or state compliance projects.
CULINARY & BEVERAGE
- The Group Operations Manager collaborates with Owner Chef Tim Cushman and the Group Executive Chef to ensure culinary standards and culinary operations are executed consistently to quality standards.
- The Group Operations Manager will work with the GM’s and the Group Executive Chef to implement and ensure effective and efficient ongoing management of all kitchen systems and procedures, including optimal staff scheduling, inventory management, prep sheets, line checks, waste logs, receiving practices, etc.
- They proactively identify and resolve issues in staffing and financial aspects of the business. The Group Operations Manager attends culinary tastings.
- The Group Operations Manager ensures that the R&D process if effective and efficient based on guest and business needs.
- The Group Operations Manager ensures that the highest quality standards and effective and hospitable service operations throughout the organization.
- With GM’s, they oversee development of update-able and effective training for service staff in multiple locations and multiple concepts.
- This position ensures that all staff has the tools and training they need to succeed and therefore the restaurants succeed.
CLEANLINESS & HEALTH INSPECTIONS
- The Group Operations Manager ensures the cleanliness and maintenance of the physical property through inspections and preventive maintenance programs with each General Manager and Chefs.
- These programs work towards and must pass health inspections with an “A” letter grade. This position also includes full compliance with all CDC or other outside health and safety guidelines.
MARKETING & EVENTS
- Ensure the Group Marketing & Events Manager is executing marketing plans in each location and review daily & weekly priorities as per the marketing calendar.
- Coach and support reaching Sales goals by guiding their sales techniques, reviewing the sales kits and structure for maximum revenue growth year over year and event profitability. Review expenses compared to marketing budget.
- Work with Owners and Group Marketing & Events Manager to ensure all marketing is on brand and on voice to enhance the brand.
- College degree, 5-10 years in the restaurants business.
- Strong math, verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Strong organizational skills.
- Experience in a high-volume restaurants.
- Excellent problem-solving, and customer service skills.
- Willingness to work during peak hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Effectively delegate responsibilities and maximize resources.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to stand for long periods of time, use hands and fingers, communicate verbally, and hear. The associate is frequently required to reach with hands and arms, climb, balance, taste, and smell. The associate is also occasionally required to walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, and either lift or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to focus.