Coquette in the Omni Boston Hotel at the Seaport is hiring a Bread Chef who has extensive experience with high volume production of artisanal bread and yeasted viennoiserie. They are also seeking Bread Cooks + Bakers of all different skills levels to complement and support the Bread Chef.
- 2+ years experience in from-scratch bread baking in various roles (mixing, shaping, dividing, proofing, baking).
- Culinary education and/or on-the-job training; entrepreneurial bakery experience preferred.
- Experience baking large volume from scratch artisan bread.
- Proven ability to produce a consistent product while meeting deadlines.
- Possess excellent organizational and time management skills (detail-oriented, goal-oriented, follow-through).
- Ability to self-manage and problem solve.
- Ability to schedule and manage a staff of bakers.
- Must be passionate about bread, trained in classic bread techniques while current in the latest baking trends, products, technology, and practices.
- Work in conjunction with Pastry Chef and Restaurant Chef.
- Strong communication time and resource management skills
- Attention to detail, especially when performing quality inspections on ingredients and products.
- Basic math
- Willingness to work independently when called for and with other team members to solve problems, plan, and create quality baked goods.
- Receptive to feedback and open communication.
- Adaptability and flexibility- has the ability to respond effectively to their working environment – even if things don’t go as planned.
- Safely maintain proper use of equipment.
- Flexibility to work around customer demands, including early morning, late afternoon, weekend, and holiday availability.
- Ability to work in a busy environment, stand, walk, bend, use hands, appliances for extended periods, and lift heavy objects.
- Able to hold composure under pressure.
- Should be attentive, efficient, and friendly with a focus on food quality and guest satisfaction.
COJE is a fully integrated design, development, and management company specializing in full-service restaurant and boutique hospitality operations. Their concepts in the city include Yvonne’s, Mariel, RUKA, Lolita, and Underground
COJE is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity + affirmative action employer. They celebrate diversity and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other applicable characteristics protected by law.
Apply online via the link provided below.