Major Food Group is hiring a talented Sous Chef to join our team at Contessa!
Contessa is the crown jewel of dining atop one of Boston’s most glamorous hotels, The Newbury Boston. Delightfully re-imagined, this rooftop destination is inspired by the old-world resorts of Europe and the lasting estates of Italy where classic grand trattoria cuisine awaits.
Our ideal candidates will assist in carrying our culture, standards of service, and quality of food to the new location. While comparable experience is preferable, any individual with passion and love for people, food, and wine will certainly be welcomed.
- Executing menu items from start to finish
- Managing the line and all kitchen employees
- Constantly be a mentor for all kitchen employees, training and coaching
- Assist with creating the schedule, costing, inventory, and labor controls.
- 3 to 5 years of progressive experience in BOH Operations.
- Michelin Rated restaurant experience is preferred.
- Superior knowledge of back of house administrative duties a must
- Proven ability in teaching and mentoring kitchen employees
- Outstanding communication and supervisory skills
- Self motivated and demonstrates quick thinking
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Generous Paid Time Off
- An Amazing Dining Program
- Fun and Open Work Environment
Major Food Group is New York based restaurant and hospitality company founded by Mario Carbone, Rich Torrisi, and Jeff Zalaznick. The founders all exhibit a wealth of knowledge in the food, hospitality, and business sectors.
We are an equal opportunity employer.