Major Food Group, the powerhouse behind Carbone, Sadelles, THE GRILL, Dirty French and more is now hiring an experienced General Manager to lead the team at Contessa Boston!
Contessa is the crown jewel of dining atop one of Boston’s most glamorous hotels, The Newbury Boston. Delightfully re-imagined, this rooftop destination is inspired by the old-world resorts of Europe and the lasting estates of Italy where classic grand trattoria cuisine awaits.
- Build and manage a team of FOH and BOH team members
- Implement, oversee, and maintain all company policies and procedures
- Create a positive company culture of a commitment to excellence
- Perform forecasting and budgeting for all controllable costs
- Maintain standards according to DOH, fire safety, and employment regulations
- Minimum 5 years in a senior management role in the Restaurant/Hospitality Industry, preferably as a General Manager
- Bachelor’s degree in Hospitality Management, Business, or related field preferred
- Culinary certificate or comparable experience working in culinary roles preferred
- Previous experience performing new restaurant opening responsibilities such as training and motivating new employees into a high-performing team and implementing new systems, policies, and procedures strongly preferred
- Proven team player willing to roll up your sleeves – a good leader should be willing and able to do whatever he or she asks of their team!
- Must exemplify the highest standards in honesty, integrity, humility and leadership
We offer competitive salary, medical/dental/vision insurance, TransitChek discount, Team Member Referral program, a generous dining program, and progressive paid time off. We offer many opportunities for growth and development for those who show long-term commitment to their role and MFG.
Compensation: Salary based on experience ($120,000.00 – $130,000.00)
Equal Employment Opportunity
Major Food Group considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Major Food Group is an equal opportunity employer.