Brand new 90 seat restaurant in the greater Waltham/Newton/Wellesley area is seeking an experienced chef to lead kitchen operations in this wood-fired (oven & grill), lunch, dinner, weekend brunch concept. The location is a long established restaurant space on Main & Main, going back 40+ yrs, in a thickly settled affluent community, dense with professionals and families.
Ownership has decades of experience in the city with multiple well known, vibrant & busy bar/restaurant concepts known for their high quality and unending hospitality.
The ideal candidate will possess the following attributes: will love grilling over wood & baking quick breads and flatbreads in a wood-oven; has a love affair with vegetables; will make things taste delicious; can assemble, manage, and grow a small and efficient kitchen team; will maintain a positive, cheerful disposition under pressure; can be playful while rooted in tradition; is mild-mannered; will work collaboratively with ownership, and much more.
The culinary concept will be wholly supported by ownership/management in the following ways:
- Constant FOH tastings and trainings, with high expectations
- Compelling beverage program, focused on estate wines, featuring producers who practice minimal intervention
- High technique, delicious cocktails
- Thoughtful, integrous backbar with a wide range of spirits, liqueurs, aperitifs & digestifs
- Comprehensive daily pre-meals
- Intentional, high-level hospitality
The following experience is a plus:
- COVID protocol/response
To apply send your resume to the email address below.