Are you passionate about coffee? Do you enjoy sharing your coffee knowledge and creative latte art with customers?
We are a successful and family-friendly software company in Lexington, MA looking for a full-time Barista to join the team in our company café (café not open to the public). All drinks are gratis –so, there’s no exchange of money and no tipping. Experience on a Slayer espresso machine & Mahlkonig grinders are a plus but not necessary. The position is full time, Monday-Friday, business hours, with no weekends. Occasional late closures for special events.
- Significant specialty coffee barista experience required (1-3 years on the bar)
- Enthusiasm and passion for specialty coffee and community
- Facility with dialing in espresso to taste
- Demonstrate strong milk texture and latte art skills
- Experience in food service, hospitality, and customer service industries are a plus
- Tactful and thoughtful communication skills – both oral and written
- Demonstrates ability to follow company policies and health/safety standards
- Reliable, self-sufficient, motivated, and takes initiative
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently
- Ability to focus on details to create an elegant experience for our guests
- Enjoy working on a team and collaborating as a team player
- Strong memorization skills a plus
- Fully vaccinated and boosted for COVID-19
- Prepare and serve our beverage menu with a variety of brewing methods
- Display excellent hospitality to our guests, staff, and all vendors we utilize
- Maintain a high standard of cleanliness in and around the cafe
- Create community by sharing your passion & knowledge of coffee with our guests
- Assist in the development of new beverages
- Support the barista team to keep the cafe running smoothly & efficiently
- Espresso and bar training to maintain a high standard of product and service
- Support, respect, and work in harmony with our small staff
- Stay knowledgeable through in house tastings, cuppings, and trainings
Benefits & Salary Range
- Health and Dental Benefits.
- 401k Plan
- Paid Time Off & Paid Holidays
- Salary $48,000 – $55,000 based on experience
We are motivated to fill the position with the right candidate.
Please send your resume and cover letter to the email provided below to set up the next steps.