Community Servings is a non-profit food and nutrition program focused on the nutritional needs of underserved populations across the state. Over the past 30 years, they have delivered over 10 million free, scratch-made meals to individuals experiencing chronic and critical illnesses in the context of medical nutrition therapy.
The Prep Cook’s main role will be to execute the daily food prep and production required to feed clients. In a combination of individual effort and by working with volunteers to complete a variety of tasks.
Community Servings knows that diversity drives excellence. They are a place where everyone is welcome. They celebrate, promote, and derive strength from a diversity of lived experiences. They actively seek and encourage an inclusive workforce.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the experience, knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Prepare ingredients for recipes
- Execute recipes for entrées, soups, salads, bakery, sides, and supplemental nutrition items.
- Engage with, assist and lead volunteers in a task
- Actively communicate progress and needs to supervisor and team members.
- Takes responsibility for assigned tasks and ensure timely completion
- Maintain organization and cleanliness in work and storage areas
- Champion teamwork through words and actions and seek ways to support teammates.
Foundational Kitchen Knowledge & Skills:
- Proper product storage/labeling/rotation
- Ingredient identification and processing knowledge
- RTE food handling practices
- Raw ingredient handling practices
- Proper knife handling skills
- Knowledge of commercial kitchen equipment use and cleaning
- Daily maintenance of work and storage areas
- Monitor temperatures and timing of prepared foods
- Able to understand menu and recipes
- Able to work independently and in teams
- Able to work in the dish room as needed.
They offer a complete benefits program including:
- Medical Insurance
- Life-, Short- and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Paid Vacation, Holidays, Sick Time, and Personal Time off
- Flexible Spending account (Medical and Daycare)
- Tuition reimbursement
- 403(b) Retirement Plan
- Free Dental Insurance
- Free daily community lunch
- Free parking
- Free mindful breathing and Yoga classes
New hires must show proof of vaccination
Physical Demands and Special Work Conditions
This position requires an individual to have the ability to lift to a maximum of 50 lbs. and includes bending and standing for long periods of time. The incumbent must maintain skills necessary to safely and efficiently operate the following equipment and machines used in the performance of this job: kitchen equipment (i.e., oven, kettle, stove, dishwasher, slicer, coffee machine, steamer, mixer, and chef’s knives) and the telephone.
Job Title: Cook
Reports To: Executive Chef
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Labor Status: Union
Approved By/Date: 1/5/21, EC
Starting Hourly Rate: 16.00
Apply online via the link provided below.