Community Servings is a non-profit food and nutrition program focused on the nutritional needs of underserved populations across the state. Over the past 30 years, they have delivered over 8.5 million free, scratch-made meals to individuals experiencing chronic and critical illnesses in the context of medical nutrition therapy.
Job Title: Baker Reports To: Executive Chef
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt Department: Kitchen
Labor Status: Union Approved By/Date: Executive Chef 5/27/21
Starting Hourly Rate: $17.00
The Baker‘s main role will be to run the bakery category in the production kitchen. The role will lead and work with a volunteer workforce to expertly prepare bread and baked goods that meet the nutritional needs of clients.
Community Servings knows that diversity drives excellence. They are a place where everyone is welcome. They celebrate, promote, and derive strength from a diversity of lived experiences. They actively seek and encourage an inclusive workforce.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the experience, knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Create new recipes to expand the current catalogue of nutritionally appropriate offerings.
• Schedule and execute recipes to meet the production needs of the program.
• Maintain an inventory of ingredients, materials, and equipment.
• Organize and sequence daily bakery production tasks.
Leading a Volunteer Team
• Instruct volunteers on the specifics of the day’s project goals.
• Divide tasks equitably among volunteers.
• Coordinate the individual volunteer efforts to complete tasks on time.
• Be precise with ingredient selection and recipe adherence.
• Verify volunteers are completing their tasks accurately.
• Ensure safety and sanitation standards are being met.
• Maintain a clean working area.
• 3 years of experience in a high-volume production bakery
• Highly organized and detail oriented
• Experience working with groups, delegating tasks, and public speaking.
• Experience working with basic computer programs.
• Nonprofit experience preferred.
• Ability to speak multiple languages a plus.
Physical Demands and Special Work Conditions
This position requires an individual to have the ability to lift to a maximum of 40 lbs. and includes bending and standing for long periods of time. The incumbent must maintain skills necessary to safely and efficiently operate the following equipment and machines used in the performance of this job: kitchen equipment (i.e., oven, kettle, stove, dishwasher, slicer, coffee machine, steamer, mixer, and chef’s knives) and the telephone.
They offer a complete benefits program including:
• Medical and Dental Insurance
• Life-, Short- and Long-Term Disability Insurance
• Paid Vacation, Holidays and Sick Time
• 403(b) Retirement Plan
• Daily community lunch
Apply online via the link provided below.