Clover Food Lab is a values-based fast casual restaurant with giant goals: we’re seeking to address global warming by getting meat lovers to dream about vegetables. We currently operate 15 restaurants in the Boston area, a Commissary Kitchen in Cambridge, a local Meal-Box delivery program, and plan to keep growing! Clover has been featured in both local and national press and has won numerous awards for our food and progressive business practices.
Clover caters hundreds of orders every year through pickup, delivery, food trucks, and custom events like weddings and conferences. Now we are looking to build this business even bigger. We’re looking for an energetic salesperson who thrives on “the hunt.” We want to meet you if you love food and people, don’t mind spreadsheets, and would relish the opportunity to meet potential new clients and get them excited about Clover’s delicious catering menu. Together we can build the best catering department in the Boston area!
We are looking for someone with sales experience and a systematic approach to department budget, strategy, and execution. Though this role reports to the marketing department, the Catering Sales Manager will have a direct – and daily – relationship with our operations, logistics, and kitchen teams, who create, deliver, and serve the food.
Due to the hands-on nature of the role, we’re interested in local candidates only who can commute to the Boston/Cambridge area.
The Catering Sales Manager is required to:
- Build a roster of Catering clients through search, cold calling/emailing, and active marketing, with an emphasis on corporate clients within delivery range
- Generate proposals and estimates for prospective catering events
- Respond to all in-coming Catering, Event, and Food Truck inquiries within 24 hours
- Provide high quality customer service and responsiveness for prospective clients and existing clients
- Liaise with restaurant and support leadership to grow catering department into a major revenue channel for Clover
- Negotiate cost of services provided with customers and vendors
- Work with GMs to create exciting, seasonal Catering packages for offices and private events
- Secure long-term/recurring Catering relationships with business partners, focusing on daily/weekly meals for both in-office and work-from-home employees
- Manage catering pickup and delivery orders from our Clover commissary/stores
- Book food trucks for special events and coordinate with operations on permitting, production, and service
- Work with General Managers at Clover restaurants to book restaurant buyouts
- Manage an aggressive annual budget and review monthly for profitability
- Other duties, as assigned
The Catering Sales Manager must have:
- At least 2-3 years of supervisory experience in catering sales, management, and/or events
- Self-starter mindset to securing and maintaining sales opportunities
- Detail-oriented approach to providing a high-quality customer experience
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Efficient and effective written and verbal communication skills
- Flexibility to work evenings, nights, and/or weekends as the business warrants
- Don’t meet every single requirement? We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be the right candidate for this or other roles.
Clover Food Lab is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, age, sex, marital status, national origin, disability or handicap, or veteran status.
Some of the perks of working for Clover!
- Minimum salary of $50,000/year commission mix, base salary will be based on experience
- Full health, vision, and dental benefits available to full-time benefit-eligible staff
- Company paid Life & Disability benefits
- Company paid Commuter Benefit
- Company paid Blue Bike Program membership
- Discounted Weekly CSA Farm Share Program
- Fitness Pay-Back Program
- Eligible to participate in 401k Savings Plan after 1 year
- Discount on Clover meals, apparel and shelf-stable groceries sold in our store
- Free cooking classes
- Free knife skills 101, 102, 103 classes
- Opportunities to attend food sourcing trips to coffee roasters, farmers, cheese-makers, etc.
- Opportunities to attend food development meetings, contribute ideas/recipes to the menu
To apply, please use the online application link below.