City Experiences is seeking a Buffet Attendant for our Boston Harbor City Cruises operation in Boston, MA.
About You: This person will be adaptable, dynamic, and embody City Experiences’ RESPECT Service System.
About the Opportunity: The successful Buffet Attendant will be friendly and efficient while providing buffet maintenance and replenishment, running food from galley to appropriate areas, and assisting in the routine cleaning of galley and buffet areas.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for buffet maintenance and replenishment.
- Responsible for running food from galley to appropriate buffet areas.
- Inspect food preparation areas, buffets, and service areas to ensure observance of safe, sanitary food-handling practices.
- Receive and organize hot line food orders; portion, arrange, and garnish food for service
- Assist in routine cleaning of galley including daily cleaning of equipment and implements, sanitizing food preparation surfaces, and mopping floors.
- Provide exceptional hospitality to coworkers and guests as prescribed in Our Service System (OSS).
- Maintain uniform and personal grooming in compliance with appearance standards.
- Additional job duties as assigned.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- At least one (1) year previous kitchen experience preferred, but not required.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Energetic and enthusiastic personality essential.
- Must be able to take direction.
- Must be able to effectively understand and convey written and verbal information to coworkers and guests.
- Must possess a service orientation – actively looking for ways to help others.
- Will work for extended periods without sitting.
- Required to lift and move heavy items such as cases of provisions and large containers of prepared foods.
- Must meet minimum state age requirements.
City Experiences’ passion is to provide amazing experiences on land and water. Our 40-year success through organic growth and acquisitions has resulted in a portfolio of over 25 brands that welcome upwards of 30 million guests/riders annually. If you’re an enthusiastic team player who thrives in an environment where communication, creativity, and cooperation are encouraged, this may just be the opportunity for you.
The RESPECT Service System embodies City Experiences’ mission, vision, values and operating principles. By creating a company culture that puts RESPECT at its core, we believe it will drive us to achieve our goal of becoming a Global Experiences and Transportation Leader.
City Experiences is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We prohibit discrimination and or/harassment of any type, including but not limited to discrimination and or harassment based upon race, religion, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, pregnancy or relation medical conditions, childbirth, breastfeeding, parental status, veteran and/or military statue, disability (physical or mental) medical condition, genetic information or characteristics, political affiliation, domestic violence survivor status, marital status, or other characteristics prohibited by federal, state, or local law. Additional, City Experiences participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations.
We encourage qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records to apply.