Responsible for preparing beverages and serving beverages and/or food to guests in the hotel’s continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service. Specifically, a Bartender would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Greet guests and respond to guest inquiries and requests in a timely, friendly and efficient manner
- Mix and garnish beverages according to recipe and portion control standards
- Present and serve beverages to guests
- Check guests for proper identification and serve alcoholic beverages to guests in accordance with federal, state, local and company laws and regulations
- Accurately total, process and collect payments from guests to include, but not limited to, using the point-of-sale system, handling money, processing credit and debit cards, making change and processing gift certificates, cards and vouchers
- Stock and maintain the bar to include, but not limited to, beer, wine, spirits, paper products, straws and stirrers, condiments, glassware, ice and produce
- Cut, store and ensure product quality of all beverage-related perishables
- Respond professionally to inebriated guests, as needed
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Prior bartending experience required.
- Ability to understand verbal English to comprehend basic guest requests.
- Ability to understand written English to read any caution or safety notices.