We’re looking for an experienced Executive Chef to lead our culinary team.
A successful Executive is a strong communicator, organized and showcases in-depth knowledge of various cuisines, stations on the line, cooking styles, ingredients, equipment and processes.
- Manage production, preparation and presentation of all food.
- Manage P&L costs
- Train all stations in a kitchen with new hires
- Lead by example and alongside the Executive Chef to deliver effective and efficient dining experiences by overseeing the back of house (BOH) operation, staffing, food production, accommodating special request, dietary restrictions and following allergy procedure
- Maintain Health and Safety standards set by company, local and regional government
- Establish professional relationships with the team and provide educational opportunities to teach and develop skills and on other areas of the business
- Influence process to run an effective and efficient kitchen while maintaining the highest food quality and controls for all dishes served
- Assist in staff schedules, kitchen set up / break down, production, prep is completed and staff wear proper uniform as well as assist in disciplinary procedures when applicable
- Instill teamwork and synergy exists between the front and back of house staff through proper communication and delegate tasks and staff tasks to ensure smooth service and kitchen operations
- Supervise and prep for banquet functions
- Plan and direct the functions of the administration and planning of all culinary and kitchen departments, to meet the daily needs of the operations.
- With the Director of Food & Beverage, clearly describe, assign, and delegate responsibility and authority for the operation of the various food and beverage sub-departments (i.e. restaurant, banquet rooms, kitchen, etc.)
- Ensure consistent presentation of foods and beverages.
- Implement effective control of food, and labor costs among all sub-departments.
- Regularly review and evaluate the customer satisfaction of menus, daily specials, banquet services. Adjust foods and services to compete with changing market demands; ensure they are implemented in a timely manner.
- Assure that station guides are up to date, in good condition and being used. Responsible for quality of food, food handling personnel and professional work procedures.
- Responsible for food purchasing.
- Assign preparation levels based on projected business forecast
- Develop, implement, and monitor schedules for the operation, to achieve a profitable result.
- Create and nurture a hotel environment that emphasizes motivation, empowerment, teamwork, and a passion for providing service. Be readily available & approachable for all team members.
- Take proactive approaches when dealing with guest concerns. Follow property specific second effort and recovery plan.
- Always extend professionalism and courtesy to guests.
- Able to work a flexible schedule, including evenings, weekends, and Holidays.
The ideal candidate should have a culinary degree, 3-5 years progressive experience in a quality high-volume operation.