Chatham Bars Inn on Cape Cod is seeking to hire an experienced Director of Operations to oversee the food and beverage of all outlets in addition to overseeing the activities, programming, and F&B operations for the beach, pool, and boating departments.
Chatham Bars Inn is a beachfront resort with 217 guest rooms, with 5 dining outlets, 15,000 square feet of meeting space plus all F&B outlet and outdoor space, and averages over 600 staff during season. The individual selected for this position will have a minimum of 3 to 5 years as a Director of Operations or as a Director of Food & Beverage in a high volume banquet business. This individual will also possess superior service skills and strong employee and guest relations. Experience in a 4-Star or 5-Star property is preferred.
The Director of Operations is responsible for but not limited to administering and managing the operations of Food & Beverage and the operations of the Waterfront to include all programming, food and beverage, and activities for the beach, pool, and boating. This position is responsible for providing quality guest service as per the Chatham Bars Inn Service Standards (Forbes, Leading Quality Assurance, and AAA) and developing the performance of the operating departments. The Director of Operations’ role as an image-maker of the hotel extends to emergency situations, guest challenges and employee concerns and will have a seat on the Executive Committee and will be second to the Managing Director.
Additional responsibilities and requirements:
- Emphasis on adherence to established procedures and standards while ensuring the highest quality guest experience
- Lead and analyze guest satisfaction, quality of service, sales, costs, quality and presentation of food and beverage products, service standards, condition, and cleanliness of facilities and equipment
- Focus on achieving the Forbes 5-Star rating through consistent training and modeling of the 5-Star service standards
- Structure builder defines duties, finds creative efficiencies and consistently drives baseline standards
- Lead by example in service and guest care
- Foster employee relations with strong and present leadership
- Develop strategic goals, strategies, procedures, and policies including offering the guests great value in their experience.
- Responsible for obtaining maximum results in the utilization and appearance of the food and beverage outlets, the quality levels, performance, and standards of service.
- Responsible for overseeing the waterfront, pool, and boating operations to ensure a smooth season.
- Coordinate the development, interpretation and implementation of operating procedures, training programs, work schedules, rules and regulations for the staff
- Create and manage all labor costs, budgeting, purchasing, inventory, and maintenance of all food and beverage and beach & pool, and boating equipment and supplies
- Develops new and analyzes existing procedures to provide quality services and increase guest satisfaction
- Work closely with Executive Chef to create revenue driving culinary experiences and programming
- Visible leadership role towards hotel guests by handling guest requests and concerns
- Develop and maintain effective communications between all operating departments.
- Luxury background with high enthusiasm for guest interaction and creating personalized memories
- Three to Five years’ experience as Director of Operations or Food and Beverage Director with high volume banquet business, expertise in budgeting, forecasting and capital expenditures.
- Experience in a 4-star or 5-Star property strongly preferred
- College education or equivalent, hotel or business administration degree preferred
- Organizational skills to function effectively with attention to detail while meeting established deadlines
- Excellent computer skills. Experience with Excel, Outlook, Open Table, and Delphi preferred
- Work in a fast-paced and busy environment
- Communicate effectively in English, both in oral and written form
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
Nature of Employment:
This position is at-will. Employment with the Company is voluntarily entered into and you may terminate the employment relationship at any time, with or without notice and for any reason or no reason. Similarly, the Company may terminate the employment relationship at any time, with or without notice and for any reason or no reason.
Job Offers are contingent upon successfully passing the background check and completing the Form I9.