Chatham Bars Inn Resort & Spa, a 4-Star, 4-Diamond luxury resort is located in the town of Chatham, Cape Cod, Massachusetts. The resort and its location are steeped in history and rich in a service-oriented culture. Chatham Bars Inn sits high upon a bluff with sweeping views of Pleasant Bay and the Atlantic Ocean. Their understated luxury and premium amenities coupled with a staff of passionate service providers creates an experience for guests that is thoroughly enjoyable and memorable.
There are 4 full-service restaurants, 217 guestrooms; 15,000 sq. ft. of dedicated meeting space plus another 7,000 sq. ft. in additional space for meetings & events, their 8-acre farm is the source for their fresh vegetables, herbs, and fruits. Chatham Bars Inn boasts an award-winning Spa, two pools, and a bevy of outdoor activities that includes biking, kayaking, tennis, yoga, power walks, and a quarter mile of private beach. Their boat fleet is extensive and provides enjoyment such as whale watching, deep sea fishing, seal cruises, sunset cruises, water tours, and trips to the islands of Nantucket and Martha’s Vineyard.
Chatham Bars Inn is a wonderful place to work as it offers so much including great benefits, a positive culture and environment that fosters growth and enjoyment in what they do. Working with seasoned and passionate professionals who value each other and share in the same goal of consistency in quality service just makes the daily work experience pleasurable. The seasonal staff experience is one of learning new skills, being a part of a special team, networking, making friends, and enjoying the all the greatness in fun and adventure that Cape Cod brings.
Their four restaurants are defined by the Chef’s creative touches, local products, and fresh seafood. Their farm grows the finest vegetables and their Chefs enjoy creating delicious dishes using those very same vegetables…they even get to select and pick the items themselves! Working with the best culinary talents in an environment where everyone participates, learns, and is motivated by the local resources is one of the many reasons why working within the Food & Beverage are is truly special.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the preparation and cooking of menu items for the various restaurants.
• High school diploma or equivalent vocational training certificate.
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in English with guests, co-workers, and management personnel.
• Ability to compute basic mathematical calculations.
• 2 years or more of experience in the culinary field.
• Ability to perform job functions with attention to details, speed, and accuracy.
• Ability to prioritize, organize, work and follow through with assigned tasks.
• Ability to be a clear thinker, remain calm and resolve problems using good judgment.
• Ability to work well under the pressure of meeting production schedules and timeliness of food displays.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks at one time while maintaining a high level of professionalism.
• Ability to work well with others in a team environment.
• Contribute to the growth and success of the team.
• Ability to maintain a clean, neat and organized work environment.
• Ability to follow recipes; able to increase or decrease recipe as needed.
• Demonstrates good knife skills.
• Ability to season food properly.
• Ability to properly follow all processes that are in place.
• Understands how to read contracts and order tickets.
Full-time year round and full-time seasonal positions available
Chatham Bars Inn has been open throughout the pandemic. A safety and wellness plan is active and they supply all PPE.
Housing is available for the spring/summer/fall seasons on a first come, first served basis.