Bartending with a view! Join the spectacular team of Bartenders at Chatham Bars Inn on Cape Cod this summer season. They are gearing up for a tremendously busy spring/summer/fall season and looking to add to their team. They are looking forward to welcoming you!
The responsibilities of the Bartender include but are not limited to providing the utmost in customer service and care as you prepare drink and food orders for guests in your bar. You will be required to be attentive to your guests at all times and anticipate their needs so as to create and maintain a high service level and exceptional experience with each and every guest. Additional responsibilities and duties:
- Learn, practice, and maintain all Chatham Bars Inn Company Service Standards.
- Record drink orders accurately and immediately after receipt into the register system.
- Accept guest payment, process credit card charges and make change (if applicable).
- Wash and sterilize glassware.
- Prepare garnishes for drinks and replenish snacks for bar patrons.
- Maintains bottles and glasses in an attractive and functional manner to support efficient drink preparation
- Clear and reset tables in bar area.
- Present drink menus, make specific recommendations and answer questions regarding beverages.
- Maintain cleanliness in all areas of the bar including counters, sinks, utensils, shelves and storage areas.
- Receive and serve food orders to guests seated at the bar.
- Assist the restocking and replenishment of bar inventory and supplies.
- Learn and formally address the guest’s names during service
- Adhere to all hygiene and sanitary standards
- Thank guests for their visit and invite them to return.
- Attends all scheduled employee meetings and brings suggestions for improvement.
- Must arrive on time and in a complete, clean, pressed uniform for all scheduled shifts
- Minimum 2 years bartending experience
- Strong customer service skills necessary
- Must be available to work varying shifts, be flexible, work holidays and weekends and stay until close or end of scheduled shift.
- Must have the ability to handle money and operate a point-of-sale system.
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time.
- Be able to safely lift and easily maneuver trays of food frequently weighing up to 20 to 25 pounds
- Be willing to follow direction and ask questions for clarification if needed.
- Be able to work in a fast paced restaurant environment
- Must posses a positive attitude and work well with other team members
- Must be able to speak and write in English
- Must be able to work independently as well as in a team setting
- Current TIPS Alcohol Certification or comparable alcohol service certification
Apply online, by email or phone using the info provided below.