The Charles Hotel is seeking banquet housepersons to join their team.
Ideal candidates will
- Set up and break down event space, ensuring set up according to Banquet Event Order, guest needs are attended to, and public spaces are tidied throughout the event.
- Take initiative to help the event shine by vacuuming floors, cleaning walls, windows and mirrors in event space and surrounding public areas. Ensure supplies are available according to the Banquet Event
- Order and equipment is set up and functioning properly. Periodically tidy the space, clearing away dishes, straightening furnishings, and refreshing soiled linen throughout the event.
- Keep track of event supplies, equipment and carefully store furnishings when not in use, promptly reporting repair and maintenance needs.
- Pitch in to help with banquet service and attend to guest needs and special requests with prompt “can-do” courtesy.
A high school education or equivalent is required, with three months food service or hospitality experience helpful. Basic math and English written and verbal communication skills is required. This position requires full mobility, continuous movement and heavy lifting, up to 100 pounds occasionally and up to 50 pounds frequently (moving furniture, equipment, staging, etc.)