If you are a self-starter with an open mind who views challenges as opportunities, Channel Fish Processing Company is looking for you to be part of their R&D/QC Team as a Research & Development Assistant.
You will work directly with the R&D and QC Teams to ensure a smooth workflow from Sales team to Shipping. Will be responsible for receiving the relevant information from the Sales team and delivering said info to the R&D team. Will be responsible for printing sample product labels and shipping labels, receiving, and cataloging sample ingredients, and coordinating dry ice.
This person will also be expected to handle data entry including entering all the information into various form documents in Excel, Word, And Esha Genesis. You will have exposure to senior leaders, collaborate within the brand teams and learn more about their businesses through close partnership. This material will be used to create nutritional panels, ingredient statements and specs for new products. This person may be required to occasionally produce samples within a guided specification.
- Input data into previously formed documents for spec and sell sheet upkeep
- Help Sales team to complete sample requests
- Enter new ingredient information into Esha Genesis Software
- Produce label descriptions with a PowerPoint template
- Produce UPS Shipping labels and occasionally help pack boxes to facilitate shipping of products
- Coordinate dry ice deliveries and occasionally pick up dry ice from the producer
- Receive and catalog new sample ingredients in a spreadsheet for future use
- After proper training, occasionally produce samples within a predetermined specification
- Will need to occasionally drive off-site for freezer pick-ups and USDA check-ins
- Cross training will be provided in the QC department and with the Production Team
- Performs additional related duties as assigned
- Must be able to perform the essential job functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation
- Prior Foodservice/Restaurant experience is a plus
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must be competent in Microsoft Office
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
- Clean Driving Record and valid driver’s license is a must
Compensation: Compensation will be base salary plus bonus system based on performance plus benefits (401K, Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Paid Time Off, Health Savings Account ).
Training will be provided internally, and if needed, outside training seminars will be provided.
Job Type: Full-time