Catalyst, a modern American cuisine restaurant located in Kendall Square, is looking for a Restaurant Manager to join their FOH team. The Restaurant Manager reports directly to the Director of Sales/Events and collaborates with all departments and team members as needed. The Sommelier/PM Restaurant Manager is a hands-on position and must lead by example with enthusiasm, organization and understand the culture of hospitality.
The restaurant manager oversees the flawless execution of superior service at the restaurant and will be responsible for and the training all staff. They will be responsible for each meal period from start to finish.
The restaurant manager will ensure a great work environment, “touching” tables to ensure guest satisfaction,
maintaining all sales, inventories/costs and upholding all company policies and standards, including safety and
sanitation. In addition, a strong understanding of a la carte service, banquets and private events is required.
• Uphold the Catalyst vision statement and standards
• Understands excellent service and the culture of hospitality
• Guide a team in order to execute a high level of service at every position consistently
• Lead by example, be proactive, positive and continue to cultivate the company culture
• Treats guests and all team members with respect and professionalism
• Passionate about food, beverage, service and hospitality
• Possesses excellent written/verbal communication and presentation skills
PM Manager Job Responsibilities:
• Develop service standards for the restaurant
• Interview and hire employees that exemplify the Catalyst vision
• Terminate employees that fail to adhere to Catalyst standards and violate the Catalyst handbook.
• Train the Front of House Team according to standards and ensure FOH maintains standards
• Daily Closing Procedures (daily server tip outs, reconciling Daily Sales Report, daily log, etc.)
• Staff schedule
• Manage OpenTable, Toast and social media including Instagram and Facebook
• Coordinate opening and closing procedures
• Oversee the cleanliness and maintenance of all restaurant and service/storage areas
• Report and address maintenance issues catalyst restaurant
• Expedite meals when the chef steps away
• Liaison between the Front of the House and Back of the House
• Manage private event space for proper preparation and turnover for the next event when event coverage is needed
• Effectively handle with staff queries and problems
• Act as the primary contact with guests in the dining room
• Develop positive relationships with community organizations
• Ability resolve conflict while maintaining positive working relationships/mentoring line staff to do the same
• Compose a monthly newsletter to guests and employees
• Communication to regular guests regarding upcoming events, wine dinners, parties
• Represent the restaurant at offsite and charity events
• Paid Vacation
• Holidays (they are closed for the following holidays unless there is an event): New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas
If you are interested in joining the Catalyst team, please send a cover letter and resume to the address provided below.